K-State, SGA Announce Early Entry Procedures
K-State, SGA Announce Early Entry Procedures
MANHATTAN, Kan. – With the K-State men’s basketball season less than two weeks away, K-State Athletics, the K-State student athletic advisory team and the K-State Student Governing Association (SGA) today issued information on the men’s basketball early entry rewards program for K-State student pass holders.
The program is intended to encourage student attendance at all home games, while creating a priority entry system for selected men’s games at Bramlage Coliseum.
"The K-State student section in the Octagon of Doom is simply incredible,” said K-State student body president Reagan Kays and vice president Cody Kennedy. “Our seats are the best in the country and we believe that being a part of this rowdy, but respectful, group helps create one of the best home court advantages in college basketball. We are excited to continue this great partnership with K-State Athletics. This year's early entry procedure will allow our fellow K-State students to get into the arena in the best way possible. We look forward to cheering on the Cats as they compete for a Big 12 Championship.”
K-State student pass holders will earn early entry points for attending men’s basketball games. Early entry point will be used to determine the entry times for marquee men’s basketball games, including the Big Monday matchup against KU on Feb. 23.
When the point system is utilized, student will be segmented into four early-entry tiers. The points required to be within each tier will be:
• Tier 1: 15 points
• Tier 2: 14 to 11 points
• Tier 3: 10 to 7 points
• Tier 4: 6 to 0 points
The exact early entry times will be determined at a later date and will depend on the number of students per tier. Students will be required to be in-line at Bramlage Coliseum approximately 30 minutes prior to their entry time.
The first opportunity for men’s basketball pass holders to earn points will be Sunday, Nov. 9, at K-State’s lone exhibition game of the season against Washburn.
The final game to earn early entry points for the K-State vs. KU game will be the K-State vs. Oklahoma men’s basketball game Saturday, Feb. 14. Students within each tier will pick-up a special wristband at to-be-determined locations on Sunday, Feb. 22, and Monday, Feb. 23.
Students may also receive a make-up point for purchasing a ticket to the Texas A&M game at the Spring Center on Dec. 20 in Kansas City. Student tickets for the neutral site game will go on sale beginning with ICAT pass holders Monday, Nov. 3, Combo pass holders Tuesday, Nov. 4, and all K-State students Wednesday, Nov. 5, at the Bramlage Coliseum Ticket Office beginning at 8:30 am.
Students will also have the chance to donate their student pass to a Fort Riley soldier and their families for the winter break games. Students who choose to donate their student pass for the winter break games will earn one early entry point. The deadline to donate a student pass for the following winter break games will be Friday, Dec. 19.
• Sunday, December 28 vs. Texas Southern
• Wednesday, December 31 vs. Georgia
• Wednesday, January 7 vs. TCU
• Wednesday, January 14 vs. Texas Tech
• Saturday, January 17 vs. Baylor
Students who choose to donate their student pass for the winter break games will earn a total of one early entry point. Students who choose to donate their student pass will note have access to attend the games listed above. All student pass donations will occur online and information on how to donate student passes will be sent via email after the beginning of the season.
In the event that a K-State Football bowl game conflicts with a men’s basketball home game, students who have purchased a bowl game ticket through the K-State Ticket Office will have the option to donate their basketball pass to a Fort Riley soldier to receive one point. Details on how to donate will be released if necessary.
For more information on the men’s basketball student early entry program visit www.kstatesports.com/earlyentry.
Students are also reminded of the following game-day policies:
• Every game included in your student pass package will be counted toward your point total. Students will earn one point for attending each men’s basketball game.
• Only one pass per student may be scanned. Students attempting to scan multiple passes may be ejected from the game and lose any early entry points earned.
• To receive a point, student pass holders must be in Bramlage Coliseum no later than 15 minutes after tipoff.
• Every three games, students will receive an email with their current point total. For early entry games, each tier for ICAT and GA members will enter Bramlage Coliseum at the same time.
• For all home games before the game vs. KU, students will enter Bramlage Coliseum at the southeast Entry.
• Student seating is first-come, first-served in Bramlage Coliseum for all games and is based on availability and demand. Due to increased ticket sales, possession of a student pass does not guarantee entry into the arena. It is suggested that students arrive early for high-demand games.
• Students are not allowed to “camp” for home games. Students may begin lining up for home contests no earlier than 6 a.m. on the day of the game.
• K-State Athletics may utilize the early-entry points program for other home contests if attendance beyond capacity is expected. Students will be notified via email no less than 5 days prior to each game that early-entry procedures will be in effect.
• Students are required to present their student pass card and show a valid K-State student ID for admittance.
• General admission pass-holders will be allowed to fill any open seats in the ICAT section 30 minutes prior to tipoff.
Questions regarding the student early entry program may be directed to Austin Anderson in the Fan Experience and Sales office at (785) 532.5379 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.