Student Rewards Program Announced
Student Rewards Program Announced
With leadership from the Student Governing Association, the K-State Athletics Department announced Monday a men's basketball rewards program for students intended to encourage student attendance at all home games while creating a priority system for game-day lineup procedures at Bramlage Coliseum for the Kansas game.
"The new basketball procedures will reward students that support the team for the entire season at the biggest game of the year," said K-State Student Body Vice-President Wayne Stoskopf. "The group registration allows students to be in an organized line outside of the arena, creating a safe environment for the fans."
The online registration process begins at 9 a.m., Monday, Nov. 16. Students will be required to sign up as individuals or in groups of 2-10 people at www.kstatesports.com/powercatpregame.
Students will receive one point for each men's basketball game attended prior to Jan. 30. There are nine home games in the ticket package prior to the Kansas contest, so the total number of possible points is nine. Students may also receive a bonus point for purchasing a ticket to the IUPUI game at the Sprint Center, but cannot exceed nine total points. This makes it possible to make-up a point for missing a home game.
The average number of games attended by the members of the registered group will determine place in line. In the event of a tie, the group which registers first will receive priority in the line.
To register, log on to www.kstatesports.com/powercatpregame, then follow the link to "Register My Group." Students will fill out the registration form with the names, eID's and Wildcat ID #'s of all individuals in the group and also create a group name. Students must sign up their groups by Jan. 22. Once registered in a group, individuals may not switch groups.
"We are extremely appreciative of SGA's leadership in formulating this new lineup plan," said athletics director John Currie. "The support we get from our student body is vital to us having an electric atmosphere for which Bramlage Coliseum is nationally famous and gives our team the best home-court advantage in the Big 12."
Students are also reminded of the following game-day policies.
- Student seating is first-come, first-served in Bramlage Coliseum for all games except the Jan. 30 showdown against Kansas. Due to higher sales, possession of a student ticket does not guarantee entry into the arena. It is suggested that students come early for high-demand games such as Big 12 contests.
- Students are required to show a student ID for admittance.
- ICAT ticket-holders will receive special seating at the top of Section 18, rows 13-31, as well as Sections 19, 20 and 21 and access to the arena 90 minutes prior to tipoff. All students in these sections will be required to wear an ICAT wristband which will be issued upon entry at the Southeast entrance.
- Students with general admission tickets will continue to sit in Sections 22, 23, 24 and 25 and receive entry to the arena 75 minutes prior to tipoff. General admission ticket-holders will be allowed to fill any open seats in the ICAT section 30 minutes prior to tipoff.
- Students will not be allowed to camp overnight for games at Bramlage Coliseum. Lineup for entry into the arena may begin at 6 am on game days.
Questions regarding the student rewards program may be directed to Nate Warren in the Fan Experience and Sales office at (785) 532.7932 or via email at email@example.com.
Information regarding entry to Bramlage Coliseum for ESPN College GameDay will be announced as details become available. For more information, visit www.kstatesports.com/powercatpregame.
Kansas State will open its exhibition schedule against Pittsburg State at 3 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 8. The regular-season opener is set for Friday, Nov. 13 against Loyola Chicago at 7 p.m.