Jan. 16, 2013
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 69 (10-7, 1-4), (1/1) Baylor 90 (15-1, 5-0)
• Wednesday night’s game between Kansas State and Baylor was the 28th in the series between the schools… Baylor leads the series 19-9 and has won 14 straight… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 330-196 (.627)… The Wildcats, in their 45th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 833-499 (.625)… K-State owns a 216-145 (.598) record in the month of January… K-State is 139-124 (.529) in Big 12 games… K-State has now started Big 12 play 1-4 for the first time since the 2000-01 season.
• The 2012-13 season marks the 25th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 256-96 (.727) in Bramlage Coliseum… Attendance on Wednesday night was 3,591… Through the first nine home games of the 2012-13 season, K-State has seen 28,435 fans come through the door for an average of 3,159… K-State ranks 27th in the nation for attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Brittany Chambers, senior guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Ashia Woods, freshman guard Bri Craig and junior forward Chantay Caron… This is the fourth game this starting lineup has been used this season and first since Dec. 29, 2012 at UCSB… K-State has used six different starting lineups this season… Chambers has now started 110 regular season and postseason games in her career and has played in 115 career games... White made her 78th career start and her 11th of the 2012-13 season… White has now played in 109 career games… Woods tallied her 17th career start, all this season... Woods is the only Wildcat to start every game this season… Craig started her 14th career game… Caron made her 22nd career start and her 11th this season… She started 11 games in her freshman year of 2010-11.
• Baylor held a 46-37 halftime lead on Wednesday… K-State is 1-3 this season when trailing at the half.
• K-State was 13-of-44 from beyond the arc on Wednesday… The 44 attempts were a new school record, surpassing the previous record of 36 set on Dec. 16, 2012 against UTEP… The 13 connections from beyond the arc marked the fifth game this season with 10 or more made 3-point field goals… The 13 made 3-pointers were the most Baylor has allowed this season… K-State was 8-of-24 from beyond the arc in the first half… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 191 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007.
• Chambers finished with 23 points, 4 rebounds and 5 assists… Chambers has now scored in 115 consecutive games, which ranks third in school history… She has scored 1,697 career points and ranks sixth in school history… Became ninth player in school history to score 300+ points in four straight seasons; first since the 2009-10 season (Ashley Sweat)... Chambers has scored in double figures in 16 games this season and 90 in her career… She owns 26 career games with 20 or more points, including eight games this season… She was 4-of-9 from beyond the arc on Wednesday night… The 4 connections moved Chambers into fifth on the Big 12 career list for 3-point field goals made… She has now made four or more 3-point field goals in a game 26 times in her career and four times this season… Her career rebound total stands at 706 and ranks 11th in school history… Her career assist total stands at 293 and ranks 12th in school history… This was her 15th career game with five or more assists.
• Woods registered 11 points, 6 rebounds and 4 steals… She tallied a career-high 3-of-7 from beyond the arc… Woods notched her 13th career game and ninth this season with two or more steals.
• Craig carded 6 points and 5 rebounds… This was her ninth game with two or more made 3-pointers.