Kansas State vs. Nebraska Postgame Notes
Kansas State vs. Nebraska Postgame Notes
Jan. 22, 2011
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
January 22, 2011 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 64 (13-5, 3-2), Nebraska 37 (11-7, 1-3)
• Saturday afternoon’s game between Kansas State and Nebraska was the 78th in the history of the series… The series is now 45-33 in favor of K-State… Head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, now owns a career record of 292-169 (.633)… In its 43 years of women’s basketball, K-State is 795-472 (.627)… The Wildcats need five wins to become the 14th team in NCAA Division I history to record 800 wins.
• The Wildcats now hold a 238-87 (.732) record in Bramlage Coliseum, including a 10-0 mark this season…This is the 11th time in the Deb Patterson era that K-State has recorded double digits for home wins and the first time since the 2008-09 campaign… K-State is now 213-140 (.603) in the month of January, which includes a 70-45 (.609) record by head coach Deb Patterson in the first month.
• Attendance on Saturday afternoon was 4,931… After 10 home games, total attendance in Bramlage Coliseum now stands at 39,538 with an average of 3,954… K-State entered the afternoon ranked 20th in the nation in average attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: sophomore guard Brittany Chambers, sophomore guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Taelor Karr, junior forward Jalana Childs and freshman forward Chantay Caron…This is the second time this lineup has been used this season and is the fourth lineup combination for the Wildcats this season… This was the 50th career start for Childs… It was the 46th career start for Chambers and she has started 45 straight dating back to Dec. 2, 2009… Karr made her 45th career start… White made her 18th career start and has started every game this season… This was the seventh career start for Caron.
• K-State has now hit at least one 3-pointer in 125 consecutive games… Brittany Chambers connected on K-State’s first 3-pointer with 15:23 to play in the first half… K-State finished the game 10-of-22 from beyond the arc… In three home Big 12 games, K-State has made 25 three-point field goals for an average of 8.3 per game.
• The Wildcats held Nebraska to 37 points on Saturday, which marks the fewest points K-State has yielded to the Huskers since January 17, 1975, (82-31, K-State win) which was the first-ever meeting between the two schools.. The Wildcats tied the school record for holding an opponent to 49 points or less in a season with their ninth effort (2002-03 and 2008-09).
• Kansas State held a 29-18 halftime lead over the Huskers on Sunday… Since the 1999-00 season, Kansas State is 200-32 (.862) when leading at the half including a 11-2 mark this season.
• Chambers finished with a career-high and season-high-tying effort of 26 points… She also pulled in 11 rebounds and dished out 4 assists… The effort was her third career double-double and her second this season… She has now scored in 49 straight games… She has reached double figures in 36 career games… With her 11 rebounds, Chambers has hauled in five or more rebounds in 31 career games, including 11 this season… She has seven career double figure rebounding games including four this season… After going 0-of-7 from beyond the arc against Missouri on Wednesday, Chambers was 5-of-8 from deep on Saturday… She has now made a 3-point field goal in 44 career games, including 17 this season… She has made two or more 3-point field goals in 33 career games… She has now made four or more 3-point field goals in a game 10 times, including six this season… Chambers ended a 0-of-8 streak at the free throw line with a connection in the first half.
• Karr notched six points, seven rebounds and three steals on Saturday afternoon… For the afternoon, Karr was 2-of-5 from beyond the arc and now has 24 career games with two or more made 3-point field goals… She now has 24 career games with two or more steals… Karr has hauled in five or more rebounds in 24 career games, including nine this season.
• Alina Voronenko led the K-State bench with 11 points… It was her second career effort in double figures and her second this season… K-State’s bench entered the game averaging 17.1 points per game and outscored Nebraska’s bench on Saturday afternoon, 20-5… The Wildcats have had the advantage in bench points in 12 games this season.