Jan. 29, 2011
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
January 29, 2011 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 65 (15-5, 5-2), Kansas 60 (14-7, 1-6)
• Saturday afternoon’s game between Kansas State and Kansas was the 101st in the history of the series… The series is now 59-42 in favor of K-State… Head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, now owns a career record of 294-169 (.635)… In its 43 years of women’s basketball, K-State is 797-472 (.629)… The Wildcats need three wins to become the 11th team in NCAA Division I history to record 800 wins.
• The Wildcats now hold a 239-87 (.733) record in Bramlage Coliseum, including an 11-0 mark this season…This is the 11th time in the Deb Patterson era that K-State has recorded double digits for home wins and the first time since the 2008-09 campaign… K-State is now 215-140 (.606) in the month of January, which includes a 72-45 (.615) record by head coach Deb Patterson in the first month.
• K-State’s win over Kansas was the 10th in a row at Bramlage Coliseum and also gave the Wildcats their first four-game winning streak in Big 12 games since they recorded four consecutive in 2008-09 (January 17-January 27)… K-State has now won 18 of the last 20 meetings between the two schools, dating back to January 23, 2002.
• Attendance on Saturday afternoon was 4,917… After 11 home games, total attendance in Bramlage Coliseum now stands at 44,455 with an average of 4,041… K-State entered the afternoon ranked 20th in the nation in average attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: sophomore guard Brittany Chambers, sophomore guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Taelor Karr, junior forward Jalana Childs and freshman forward Chantay Caron…This is the fourth time this lineup has been used this season and is the fourth lineup combination for the Wildcats this season… This was the 52nd career start for Childs… It was the 48th career start for Chambers and she has started 47 straight dating back to Dec. 2, 2009… Karr made her 47th career start… White made her 20th career start and has started every game this season… This was the ninth career start for Caron.
• K-State has now hit at least one 3-pointer in 127 consecutive games… Chantay Caron connected on her third 3-pointer of the season and K-State’s first of the game with 17:10 to play in the first half… K-State finished the game 6-of-12 from beyond the arc… In four home Big 12 games, K-State has made 31 three-point field goals for an average of 7.8 per game.
• Taelor Karr led K-State with a season-high 19 points, while Jalana Childs scored 18 and Mariah White 10…. It marked the 11th time this season that at least three players scored in double figures…. Karr now has 28 career double-figure scoring games, while Childs has 26 and Chambers 38.
• Branshea Brown had a game-high 10 rebounds Saturday and marked the second-straight game she has reach double figures on the glass… K-State out-rebounded the Jayhawks, 34-27, in the game.
• Kansas State held a 34-26 halftime lead over the Jayhawks on Saturday… Since the 1999-00 season, Kansas State is 202-32 (.863) when leading at the half including a 13-2 mark this season.
• The Wildcats forced eight first-half turnovers Saturday, which led to 10 points, and outscored Kansas, 16-6, in the paint during the first 20 minutes.