K-State Postgame Notes vs. Oklahoma
K-State Postgame Notes vs. Oklahoma
Jan. 29, 2014
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Jan. 29, 2014 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 86 (9-11, 3-6 Big 12), Oklahoma 78 (13-8, 4-4 Big 12)
• Wednesday’s game between Kansas State and Oklahoma was the 57th meeting in the series between the schools… Oklahoma leads the series, 33-24… Kansas State won at home against Oklahoma for the first time since 2004… Oklahoma had won 13 straight in the series… The Wildcats, in their 46th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 851-521 (.620)… The Wildcats are 146-139 (.512) in Big 12 action… K-State is 220-151 (.593) in the month of January.
• K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 348-218 (.615)… Patterson owns a 77-57 (.575) mark in January.
• Attendance on Wednesday was 4,306… To date, 45,282 fans have come through the doors of Bramlage this season for an average of 4,528 per game… K-State ranks 24th in the nation in average attendance this season… The 2013-14 season marks the 26th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 269-104 (.721) in Bramlage Coliseum.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: freshman guard Leticia Romero, junior guard Ashia Woods, sophomore guard Bri Craig, senior forward Katya Leick and freshman forward Breanna Lewis… This is the first game for this lineup… This is the 11th different starting lineup combination for K-State this season… This was the 20th career start for Romero… This was the 17th career K-State start for Leick… This was Woods’ 33rd career start and her 15th this season… This was the 15th start for Lewis… Chantay Caron has now played in 116 career games.
• K-State was 11-of-22 from behind the 3-point line… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 231 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… The Wildcats have made six or more 3-point field goals in a game 12 times this season… The 11 connections from behind the 3-point line tied the season-high and marked the third game this season K-State has made 10 or more 3-point field goals in a game.
• Kansas State trailed at the half on Wednesday, 40-35… K-State is 1-10 this season when trailing at the half… The 86 points scored by the Wildcats were a season-high and marked the most since K-State scored 89 against Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Nov. 11, 2012… K-State has tallied 70 or more points nine times this season and are 8-1 this season in those games… Since the 2001-02 season, the Wildcats are 151-13 (.921) when scoring 70 or more points.
• For the first time this season, K-State saw four players reach double figures in a game, as Leticia Romero (23), Katya Leick (22), Kindred Wesemann (14) and Ashia Woods (12) all reached the mark… Over the last three seasons, K-State is 37-19 (.661) when three or more players score in double figures.
• Romero finished with a team-high 23 points, 10 rebounds, nine assists, two steals and a block… This was her third double-double this season… Romero has now scored in every game of her K-State career… She has reached double figures in a team-high 15 games this season and has scored 20 or more points five times… This was Romero’s 11th game with five or more assists… She has 14 games this season with five or more rebounds and three games with 10 or more rebounds… This was her ninth game with two or more steals.
• Leick carded 22 points, three rebounds, two assists and a steal… This was her fourth game as a Wildcat in double figures for points… This was her second career game with 20 or more points… She was a career-high 5-of-9 from beyond the arc, which marks her sixth career game at K-State with two or more connections from beyond the arc and tied the K-State season-high.
• Kindred Wesemann came off the bench to register a career-high of 14 points… This was her first career game in double figures… Wesemann was 4-of-6 from the floor, including a career-best 3-of-4 from beyond the arc.
• Woods registered 12 points and three assists… This was her 14th career game in double figures and her eighth this season.