Feb. 12, 2012
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
(rv/rv) Kansas State 47 (18-6, 7-5), Kansas 43 (15-9, 6-6)
• Sunday afternoon’s conference game between Kansas State and Kansas was the 104th meeting in the history of the series… The Wildcats played the Jayhawks last during the regular season on Jan. 7, 2011 in Lawrence, Kan. … The Wildcats won the meeting 63-57 … The series is now 62-42 in favor of K-State… The Wildcats hold a 30-13 record against the Jayhawks in Manhattan… Head Coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, holds a career record of 316-183 (.633) … In its 44 years of women’s basketball, K-State is 819-486 (.627) … Coach Patterson is now 24-11 in games played against Kansas.
• The score was tied nine times during the game … The lead also changed 11 times during the contest … K-State scored 12 points off of turnovers as well as 22 points in the paint … K-State’s bench added no points … Kansas was held without a field goal the last 3:35 of the game … This was the first time the Cats have won by a margin of four points this season.
• K-State held Kansas to shooting 3-of-10 from beyond the arc … Kansas out-rebounded K-State 40-27… The Wildcats were 1-of-8 from beyond the arc on Sunday afternoon … K-State has hit at least one 3-pointer in 165 consecutive games.
• The Wildcats now hold a 249-92 record in Bramlage Coliseum … Attendance on Saturday afternoon was 4,893… K-State finished last year’s NCAA standings ranked as 24th in the nation in average attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Tasha Dickey, senior forward Jalana Childs, senior forward Branshea Brown, junior guard Brittany Chambers and junior guard Mariah White…This is the 24th time this lineup has been used this season … This lineup was not used during the 2010-2011 season… Childs made her 87th career start … Chambers made her 84th career start and has started 82 straight dating back to Dec. 2, 2009 … White made her 57th career start and started every game last season … Brown made her 46th career start … Dickey made her 24th appearance in the starting lineup during her inaugural season as a Wildcat; she started 21 games at Arizona before coming to K-State … The team is now 16-8 when using this lineup.
• K-State led 21-17 at the half on Wednesday. … This season, Kansas State is 13-1 when leading at the half… The Wildcats shot 35.4 percent from the field… The team grabbed 27 rebounds and committed 11 turnovers.
• Chambers finished the night with 7 points and 2 rebounds… She shot 1-of-4 from 3-point range … Chambers did not score in the first half … She made her points in the game with a 3-pointer with 12:19 left in the game.
• Childs notched 18 points and 3 rebounds… She shot 6-of-14 from the field.
• Brown scored 10 points and grabbed 8 rebounds… She also had 4 blocks … She had her 70th career block during the game.
• Dickey scored 8 points, shooting 4-of-6 from the field and 0-of-1 from 3-point range … She pulled down 10 rebounds.
• White had 4 points, shooting 1-of-5 from the field and 0-of-2 from 3-point range … She shot 2-of-3 from the line … She pulled down 2 rebounds during the contest.