Feb. 16, 2011
• Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 78 (17-7, 7-4), Colorado 51 (12-12, 3-8)
• Wednesday night’s game between Kansas State and Colorado was the 68th in the history of the series… The series is now 35-33 in favor of K-State… Head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, now owns a career record of 296-171 (.634)… In its 43 years of women’s basketball, K-State is 799-474 (.628)… The Wildcats need one win to become the 13th team in NCAA Division I history to record 800 wins… In Big 12 action, K-State owns a 126-109 (.536) record… K-State is now 189-140 (.574) in the month of February.
• The Wildcats now hold a 239-88 (.731) record in Bramlage Coliseum, including an 12-1 mark this season… Attendance on Wednesday night was 3,610… After 13 home games, total attendance in Bramlage Coliseum now stands at 51,319 with an average of 3,948… K-State entered the night ranked 23rd in the nation in average attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: sophomore guard Brittany Chambers, sophomore guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Taelor Karr, junior forward Jalana Childs and junior forward Branshea Brown…This is the 13th time this lineup has been used this season and is the most experience starting lineup for the Wildcats this season… This was the 56th career start for Childs… It was the 52nd career start for Chambers and she has started 50 straight dating back to Dec. 2, 2009… Karr made her 51st career start… White made her 25th career start and has started every game this season… This was the 14th career start for Brown… This season K-State is the only team in the Big 12 to not start a senior in any of its games.
• K-State has now hit at least one 3-pointer in 131 consecutive games… The Wildcats were a season-high 14-of-24 from beyond the arc on Wednesday night… The 14 connections from beyond the arc were the most since K-State made 13 at UC Davis on Dec. 29, 2009… In six home Big 12 games, K-State has made 50 three-point field goals for an average of 8.3 per game.
• The Wildcats saw three players reach double figures on Wednesday night… This is the 13th time this season K-State has had 3+ players reach double figures, with the Wildcats holding a 10-3 mark…
• Kansas State held a 42-27 halftime lead over the Buffaloes on Wednesday… Since the 1999-00 season, Kansas State is 203-32 (.864) when leading at the half including a 14-2 mark this season… The 42 points scored by the Wildcats in the first half were the most for an opening half this season and the most since K-State tallied 45 against Nebraska on March 6, 2010… After a chilly start, K-State ended the opening half shooting 46.7 percent from the field, including 57.1 percent from beyond the arc.
• Karr tied her career-high with 19 points, while also hauling in two rebounds and tallied two steals… She has scored in doubles figures in 13 games this season and 30 contests in her career… Karr tied her career-high for 3-point field goals made, going 5-of-7 from beyond the arc… Her two steals on Wednesday boosted her season total to 39 and her career total to 86.
• Chambers carded 10 points and six rebounds on Wednesday night… She has now scored in 55 straight games and has reached double figures in 19 games this season and 41 times in her career… With her 10 points on Wednesday night, she moved into eighth place (Ashley Sweat, 746 points) in school history for points to begin a four-year career with 755… Her first field goal of the night was a 3-pointer, which marks her 51st career game with a connection from beyond the arc… She now has made 62 three-point field goals this season and ranks fourth in school history for 3-point field goals made by a sophomore… She has made 127 three-point field goals in her career and ranks 10th in school history.
• Brown tallied three points, three rebounds and a blocked shot… She recorded her first blocked shot in seven games and brings her season total to a team-leading 22… Her career blocked shot total now stands at 49.
• Voronenko registered nine points on 3-of-6 from the field including 3-of-5 from beyond the arc… She also pulled in three rebounds… This was her highest point total since scoring 11 on Jan. 22 against Nebraska… Her three connections from beyond the arc were her highest total since knocking down four against Oklahoma State on Jan. 9.