March 2, 2011
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 71 (19-9, 9-6), No. 5 Texas A&M 67 (24-4, 12-3)
• Wednesday night’s game between Kansas State and Texas A&M was the 19th in the history of the series… The series is now 12-7 in favor of K-State… The Wildcats are now 6-2 against the Aggies in Manhattan… Head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, now owns a career record of 298-173 (.634)… In its 43 years of women’s basketball, K-State is 801-476 (.628)… In Big 12 action, K-State owns a 128-111 (.536) record… K-State is now 107-75 (.574) in the month of March.
• The Wildcats now hold a 241-89 (.729) record in Bramlage Coliseum, including a 13-2 mark this season… Attendance on Wednesday night was 3,665… After 15 home games, total attendance in Bramlage Coliseum was 61,013 with an average of 4,068… K-State entered the night ranked 24th in the nation in average attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: sophomore guard Brittany Chambers, sophomore guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Taelor Karr, junior forward Jalana Childs and junior forward Branshea Brown…This is the 17th time this lineup has been used this season and is the most experienced starting lineup for the Wildcats this season… This was the 60th career start for Childs… It was the 56th career start for Chambers and she has started 54 straight dating back to Dec. 2, 2009… Karr made her 55th career start… White made her 29th career start and has started every game this season… This was the 18th career start for Brown… This season K-State is the only team in the Big 12 to not start a senior in any of its games.
• K-State’s win over No. 5 Texas A&M was just its fourth all-time against a Top 5 team and just its second at home. The last time a Wildcat team knocked off a higher-ranked opponent was back in 2002 when it beat No. 4 Iowa State, 69-63, in Ames. It was also the highest-ranked opponent the Wildcats have beaten at home since 1982 in a 58-50 win over No. 2 Old Dominion.
• K-State has now hit at least one 3-pointer in 136 consecutive games… The Wildcats were 10-of-19 from beyond the arc on Wednesday night, marking the fifth time this season the Wildcats have hit 10 or more in a game… K-State is 5-0 in those games… In eight home Big 12 games, K-State has made 63 three-point field goals for an average of 7.9 per game.
• Kansas State held a 34-30 halftime lead over the Aggies on Wednesday… Since the 1999-00 season, Kansas State is 204-32 (.864) when leading at the half including a 15-2 mark this season… This was K-State’s first halftime lead since Feb. 16 against Colorado… The Wildcats shot 52.0 percent from the field, including 63.6 percent from beyond the arc (7-of-11).
• Chambers notched a career-high 35 points, four rebounds and four assists… Her 35 points were the fifth-most all-time in a game at K-State and the most since Nicole Ohlde had 36 against Wyoming on Nov. 24, 2000… She made a career-high seven three-point field goals, which were the most in a game by a Wildcat since Kendra Wecker had eight against Illinois State in 2004… She has now scored in 59 consecutive games… She has scored in double figures in 45 career games and has reached 20 or more points in 12 career contests, including nine this season… Chambers has made four or more 3-pointers in a game in 10 games this season and 14 career contests… She has made a three-point field goal in 55 of her 60 career games… This season, Chambers has made 81 three-point field goals and broke the school record for three-point field goals made by a sophomore (76, Kristin Rethman, 1999-00)… Her 81 connections from beyond the arc ranks sixth in school history for three-point field goals made in a season… Chambers also now has two 30-plus point games this season.
• Karr finished the night with 14 points and three rebounds… She has now scored in double figures in 32 career games and 15 contests this season… She has made two or more 3-pointers in 28 career games and nine times this season.
• Branshea Brown carded 10 points and eight rebounds… This was her 31st career game with 5 or more rebounds and her 18th this season, while it was her seventh double-digit scoring game this season.
• The Wildcats saw three players reach double figures on Wednesday night… This is the 15th time this season K-State has had 3+ players reach double figures, with the Wildcats holding an 11-4 mark.