March 11, 2011
Kansas State (21-10, 10-6) 53 – Baylor (30-2, 15-1) 86
Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship Semifinals
Municipal Coliseum – Kansas City, Mo.
• Today’s game was the 6th time the Wildcats and Lady Bears have met in the Big 12Conference Championship… K-State is now 2-4 in those games… The last time K-State and Baylor faced off in this tournament was in 2006 when the No. 2-seeded Lady Bears defeated the Wildcats 79-74 in overtime in the quarterfinals.
• K-State is 14-15 all-time in the Big 12 Tournament after today’s loss.
• The Wildcats are now 9-15 against the Lady Bears, including 7-14 in the Deb Patterson era … The Wildcats have lost 10 straight to Baylor.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted of sophomore guard Brittany Chambers, sophomore guard Taelor Karr, sophomore guard Mariah White, junior forward Jalana Childs and junior forward Branshea Brown… This is the 20th time this season this starting lineup has been used with a record of 13-7.
• K-State is now 2-8 when trailing at half this year.
• The Wildcats have hit at least one 3-pointer in 139 consecutive games… shooting 11-of-25… It is the sixth time this season K-State has had 10 or more 3’s.
• Kelsey Hill provided a spark off the bench for the Wildcats hitting three shots from deep to cut Baylor’s lead to single digits quickly after arrival to the game… She finished the day with 14 points for a new career-high on 4-of-8 shooting from 3-point range.
• Taelor Karr posted 13 points for the Wildcats and is now averaging 11.6 over the last five games for K-State… Karr was 3-of-7 from long range, her most makes from deep since hitting five against Colorado on Feb. 16.
• Brittany Chambers scored 8 points this afternoon bringing her season total to 496.
• Alina Voronenko tallied 9 points off the bench for K-State and led the team with 6 rebounds.