March 25, 2013
2013 Postseason WNIT – Second Round
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
K-State 57 (17-17, 5-13 Big 12), Illinois State 48 (24-11, 13-5 MVC)
• Monday’s game between Kansas State and Illinois State was the ninth in the series between the schools… K-State leads the series 8-1, including a 5-0 record in games played in Manhattan… K-State is 97-21 against teams from the Missouri Valley Conference… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 337-206 (.621)… The Wildcats, in their 45th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 840-509 (.623).
• Kansas State is now 11-2 all-time in its four appearances in the WNIT… The Wildcats are 11-0 in WNIT games played in Manhattan… K-State has advanced at least one round in all four WNIT appearances.
• The 2012-13 season marks the 25th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 261-99 (.725) in Bramlage Coliseum… Attendance on Monday was 1,203… In 16 home games of the 2012-13 season, K-State has seen 56,477 fans come through the doors for an average of 3,530… K-State ranks 29th in the nation for attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Brittany Chambers, senior guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Haley Texada, freshman guard Bri Craig and junior forward Chantay Caron… K-State has used seven different starting lineups this season… 16th straight game for this lineup… Chambers has now started 127 regular season and postseason games in her career and has played in 132 career games... Chambers ranks 3rd in school history for career starts and 2nd in career games played… White made her 95th career start, including the 28th of the 2012-13 season… White has now played in 126 career games… Craig started her 31st career game and has played in 33 games this season… Caron made her 39th career start and her 28th this season… She started 12 games in her freshman year of 2010-11… Caron has played in 96 career games… Texada made her 24th career start, all this season.
• With their 11 made 3-pointers tonight, K-State breaks the Big 12 Conference record for most 3-pointers made in a season with 302… The previous record was 300 made by Iowa State in 2000 and 2001… K-State improved on its own school and Big 12 records of 3-pointers attempted with 973 this season.
• K-State is now 76-3 when holding opponents under 50 points over the last 12 seasons, including 6-0 this season.
• Brittany Chambers scored 28 points on 10-of-22 shooting and 3-of-7 from beyond the arc… It comes off her school-record showing of 42 points on Thursday for the most points in back-to-back games by a Wildcat… She now has 106 games with 10+ points to rank 19th NCAA history… Chambers ranks second in Big 12 and school history and 11th in NCAA history for career 3-point field goals made with 339.
• Kansas State led at the half 36-23 on Monday… Since the 1999-00 season, Kansas State is 237-39 (.859), including a 14-5 record this season, when leading at the half.
• K-State was 11-of-36 from beyond the arc on Monday… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 208 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… K-State has made 5 or more 3-pointers in a game 32 times this season, including a current streak of 28 straight games.