March 28, 2013
2013 Postseason WNIT – Round of 16
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 60 (18-17, 5-13 Big 12), Ball State 48 (17-16, 12-4 MAC)
• Thursday’s game between Kansas State and Ball State was the second in the series between the schools… K-State leads the series 2-0, with both games played in Manhattan… K-State is 18-4 against teams from the Mid-American Conference… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 338-206 (.621)… The Wildcats, in their 45th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 841-509 (.623).
• Kansas State is now 12-2 all-time in its four appearances in the WNIT… The Wildcats are 12-0 in WNIT games played in Manhattan… K-State has reached the quarterfinals in three of the four WNIT appearances.
• The 2012-13 season marks the 25th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 262-99 (.726) in Bramlage Coliseum… Attendance on Thursday was 1,453… In 17 home games of the 2012-13 season, K-State has seen 56,477 fans come through the doors for an average of 3,408… K-State ranks 29th in the nation for attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Brittany Chambers, senior guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Haley Texada, freshman guard Bri Craig and junior forward Chantay Caron… K-State has used seven different starting lineups this season… 17th straight game for this lineup… Chambers has now started 128 regular season and postseason games in her career and has played in 133 career games... Chambers ranks 3rd in school history for career starts and 2nd in career games played… White made her 96th career start, including the 29th of the 2012-13 season… White has now played in 127 career games… Craig started her 32nd career game and has played in 34 games this season… Caron made her 40th career start and her 29th this season… She started 13 games in her freshman year of 2010-11… Caron has played in 97 career games… Texada made her 25th career start, all this season.
• With their 12 made 3-pointers tonight, K-State adds to its Big 12 Conference record for most 3-pointers made in a season with 314… The previous record was 300 made by Iowa State in 2000 and 2001, and K-State broke it Monday night against Illinois State… K-State improved on its own school and Big 12 records of 3-pointers attempted with 1,022 this season.
• K-State is now 77-3 when holding opponents under 50 points over the last 12 seasons, including 7-0 this season… The Wildcats have held all three of their opponents in the WNIT under 50 points.
• Brittany Chambers scored 23 points on 7-of-12 shooting and 5-of-7 from beyond the arc… She has now scored 93 points over the last three games… She now has 107 games with 10+ points to rank 19th NCAA history… Chambers ranks second in Big 12 and school history and 11th in NCAA history for career 3-point field goals made with 344… Chambers also has scored 20+ points in eight straight games.
• Kansas State led at the half 31-22 on Thursday… Since the 1999-00 season, Kansas State is 238-39 (.859), including a 15-5 record this season, when leading at the half.
• K-State was 12-of-35 from beyond the arc on Thursday… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 209 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… K-State has made 5 or more 3-pointers in a game 33 times this season, including a current streak of 29 straight games.