March 30, 2013
2013 Postseason WNIT – Quarterfinals
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 66 (19-17, 5-13 Big 12), Illinois 48 (19-14, 9-7 Big Ten)
• Saturday’s game between Kansas State and Illinois was the third in the series between the schools… K-State leads the series 3-0, with two of them in the WNIT… K-State is 71-56 against teams from the Big Ten Conference… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 339-206 (.622)… The Wildcats, in their 45th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 842-509 (.623).
• Kansas State is now 13-2 all-time in its four appearances in the WNIT… The Wildcats are 13-0 in WNIT games played in Manhattan… K-State has reached the semifinals in three of the four WNIT appearances.
• The 2012-13 season marks the 25th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 263-99 (.727) in Bramlage Coliseum… Attendance on Saturday was 1,717… In 17 home games of the 2012-13 season, K-State has seen 58,194 fans come through the doors for an average of 3,233… K-State ranks 29th in the nation for attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Brittany Chambers, senior guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Haley Texada, freshman guard Bri Craig and junior forward Chantay Caron… K-State has used seven different starting lineups this season… 18th straight game for this lineup… Chambers has now started 129 regular season and postseason games in her career and has played in 134 career games... Chambers ranks 3rd in school history for career starts and 2nd in career games played… White made her 97th career start, including the 30th of the 2012-13 season… White has now played in 128 career games… Craig started her 33rd career game and has played in 35 games this season… Caron made her 41st career start and her 30th this season… She started 14 games in her freshman year of 2010-11… Caron has played in 98 career games… Texada made her 26th career start, all this season.
• With their 8 made 3-pointers tonight, K-State adds to its Big 12 Conference record for most 3-pointers made in a season with 322… The previous record was 300 made by Iowa State in 2000 and 2001, and K-State broke it Monday night against Illinois State… K-State improved on its own school and Big 12 records of 3-pointers attempted with 1,050 this season.
• K-State is now 78-3 when holding opponents under 50 points over the last 12 seasons, including 8-0 this season… The Wildcats have held all four of their opponents in the WNIT under 50 points… Illinois entered the game as the No. 37-ranked offense in the NCAA averaging 69.6 points per game and had never scored fewer than 50 points this season.
• Brittany Chambers scored 21 points on 8-of-15 shooting and 5-of-11 from beyond the arc… She has now scored 114 points in the WNIT… She has now scored 20 or more points in 9 straight games… Chambers ranks second in Big 12 and school history and moved into 9th in NCAA history for career 3-point field goals made with 349.
• Kansas State led at the half 34-24 on Saturday… Since the 1999-00 season, Kansas State is 239-39 (.860), including a 16-5 record this season, when leading at the half.
• The Wildcats had 22 points off turnovers... The season-high is 33 at UC Santa Barbara off of 23 turnovers on Dec. 29… K-State is averaging 15.7 points off turnovers this season…
• K-State was 8-of-28 from beyond the arc… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 210 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… K-State has made 5 or more 3-pointers in a game 34 times this season, including a current streak of 30 straight games.
• Chantay Caron scored 19 points for a new career-high on 7-of-13 shooting… She also pulled down 6 rebounds.