April 3, 2013
2013 Postseason WNIT – Semifinals
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 46 (19-18, 5-13 Big 12), Utah 54 (23-13, 8-10 Pac 12)
• Wednesday’s game between Kansas State and Utah was the sixth in the series between the schools… Utah leads the series, 4-2, and has won three straight… K-State is 46-45 against teams from the Pac 12 Conference… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 339-207 (.621)… The Wildcats, in their 45th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 842-510 (.623).
• Kansas State is now 13-3 all-time in its four appearances in the WNIT… The Wildcats are 13-1 in WNIT games played in Manhattan… K-State has reached the semifinals in three of the four WNIT appearances.
• The 2012-13 season marks the 25th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 263-100 (.725) in Bramlage Coliseum… Attendance on Wednesday was 2750… In 18 home games of the 2012-13 season, K-State has seen 58,194 fans come through the doors for an average of 3,208… K-State ranks 29th in the nation for attendance. The matchup against Utah marks the first time since 2005-06 that the Wildcats have played 19 home games.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Brittany Chambers, senior guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Haley Texada, freshman guard Bri Craig and junior forward Chantay Caron… K-State has used seven different starting lineups this season… 19th straight game for this lineup… Chambers has now started 130 regular season and postseason games in her career and has played in 135 career games... Chambers ranks 1st in school history for career starts and 1st in career games played… White made her 98th career start, including the 30th of the 2012-13 season… White has now played in 129 career games… Craig started her 34th career game and has played in 36 games this season… Caron made her 42nd career start and her 31st this season… She started 11 games in her freshman year of 2010-11… Caron has played in 99 career games… Texada made her 27th career start, all this season.
• With their 3 made 3-pointers tonight, K-State adds to its Big 12 Conference and school records for most 3-pointers made in a season with 325… K-State improved on its own school and Big 12 records of 3-pointers attempted with 1,077 this season.
• K-State was 3-of-27 from beyond the arc… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 210 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… The .111 three-point shooting percentage was the lowest of the season.
• Kansas State trailed at the half 26-17 on Wednesday. The Wildcats are 2-12 when trailing at halftime.
• Brittany Chambers recorded her 15th career double-double, scoring 16 points on 5-of-21 shooting while pulling down 10 rebounds… She has now scored 130 points in the WNIT.
• The Wildcats committed nine turnovers, which was the lowest since having nine against Oklahoma on 2/2013.
• Haley Texada and Chantay Caron joined Chambers in double-digit scoring, with each contributing 11 points.
– k-statesports.com –