Nov. 3, 2011
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
(rv/--) Kansas State 63 (0-0, 0-0), Oklahoma City 51 (0-0, 0-0)
• Thursday night’s exhibition game between Kansas State and Oklahoma City was the second meeting in the history of the series… The Wildcats played the Stars during the regular season on Dec. 12, 1981, winning the game 71-64 … The series remains at 1-0 in favor of K-State… The Wildcats remain with a 1-0 record against the Stars in Manhattan… Head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, maintains a career record of 300-175 (.632)… In its 43 years of women’s basketball, K-State is 803-478 (.627).
• The Wildcats continue to hold a 241-89 (.730) record in Bramlage Coliseum … Attendance on Thursday night was 2,545… K-State finished last years NCAA standings ranked as 24th in the nation in average attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior forward JuliAnne Chisolm, senior forward Jalana Childs, senior forward Branshea Brown, junior guard Brittany Chambers and junior guard Mariah White…This is the first time this lineup has been used this season … this lineup was not used during the 2010-2011 season… Childs has made 60 career starts … Chambers has made 56 career starts and has started 54 straight dating back to Dec. 2, 2009… Chisholm has made five career starts… White has made 33 career starts and started every game last season… Brown has made 22 career starts.
• K-State has hit at least one 3-pointer in 140 consecutive games… The Wildcats were 3-of-19 from beyond the arc on Thursday night.
• Kansas State held a 28-23 halftime lead over the Stars on Thursday… Last season, Kansas State was 17-2 (.895) when leading at the half… The Wildcats shot 33.3 percent from the field… The team grabbed 46 rebounds and committed 15 turnovers.
• Chambers finished the night with 19 points and 7 rebounds… She shot 1-of-8 from 3-point range … She has scored in double figures in 47 career games … She has made two or more 3-pointers in 42 career games.
• Childs carded 13 points and 2 rebounds… She has scored in double figures during 35 games of her career … she tied her career high with 2 assists she has set this record 9 times previously.
• Freshmen Haley Texada and Ashia Woods appeared for the first time in front of a crowd this season … they scored eight and two points, respectively… Senior Tasha Dickey, the first player from the state of Utah in the 44-year history of women’s basketball at K-State scored three points shooting 1-of-6 from the field.