Washburn vs. Kansas State
Washburn vs. Kansas State
Nov. 5, 2012
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
November 5, 2012 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 75 (0-0, 0-0), Washburn 42 (0-0, 0-0)
• Monday night’s exhibition game between Kansas State and Washburn was the first since Nov. 8, 2011 (a 52-50 K-State win)… The all-time regular season series between the schools stands at 6-0 in favor of K-State with the last regular season meeting between the schools coming on Feb. 21, 1974 (a 50-30 K-State win in Topeka)… Head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 320-189 (.629)… The Wildcats enter their 45th season of women’s basketball with an all-time record of 823-492 (.626).
• The 2012-13 season marks the 25th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 251-93 (.730) in Bramlage Coliseum, including a 10-4 mark in the 2011-12 season… Attendance on Monday night was 2,835… After 14 home games in 2011-12, total attendance in Bramlage Coliseum was 56,970 with an average of 4,069… K-State ranked 24th in the nation in average attendance last season.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Brittany Chambers, freshman guard Bri Craig, sophomore guard Ashia Woods, junior guard Kendra Spresser and junior forward Chantay Caron…This is the first time this starting lineup has been used… Entering the 2012-13 season, Chambers has started 94 regular season and postseason games in her career, including 93 straight from Dec. 2, 2009 until the present, and has played in 98... Caron owns 11 career starts, all coming in her freshman season in the 2011-12 season… Her last start was against Purdue in the first round of the 2011 NCAA Tournament… Craig, Spresser and Woods have not started a regular season game for K-State… Craig and Woods started the exhibition opener against Fort Hays State on Nov. 1… In the 2011-12 season, K-State was the only team in the Big 12 and one of three teams in the 2012 NCAA Tournament (Nebraska and BYU) to use the same starting five for every game.
• Kansas State held a 28-17 lead on Washburn on Monday night… K-State was 16-2 in 2011-12 when leading at the half… Since the 1999-00 season, K-State is 222-34 (.867) in regular season and postseason games when leading at the half.
• Three Wildcats finished in double figures on Thursday night, with Brittany Chambers leading with 21, Brianna Craig added 17 and Ashia Woods contributed 15… K-State achieved three or more double figure scorers in 17 games in 2011-12 and notched a 13-4 record in those games… The Wildcats tallied four double figure scorers in a game just once in 2011-12 – against Texas A&M on Jan. 4, 2012.
• The Wildcats were 11-of-34 from beyond the arc on Monday night after shooting just 3-of-16 in the first half… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 174 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007.
• Freshman Brianna Craig scored 17 points in K-State’s final exhibition game shooting 6-of-9 overall and 4-of-5 from 3-point range… She also pulled down 6 rebounds.
• Brittany Chambers scored 21 points hitting on 3-of-9 from beyond the arc and 6-of-14 overall… Chambers provided consistency at the free-throw line hitting 6-of-7.
• The Wildcats forced Washburn into 27 turnovers, converting them into 29 points.