Kansas State Postgame Notes
Kansas State Postgame Notes
Nov. 8, 2011
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
(rv/--) Kansas State 52 (0-0, 0-0), Washburn 50 (3-0, 0-0)
• Tuesday night’s exhibition game between Kansas State and Washburn was the fifth meeting in the history of the series… The Wildcats played the Lady Blues last during the regular season on Feb. 21, 1974 in Topeka, Kan. … K-State won that meeting 50-30 …The series remains at 5-0 in favor of K-State… The Wildcats remain with a 2-0 record against the Lady Blues in Manhattan… Head Coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, maintains a career record of 300-175 (.632)… In its 43 years of women’s basketball, K-State is 803-478 (.627).
• The Wildcats continue to hold a 241-89 (.730) record in Bramlage Coliseum … Attendance on Thursday night was 2,682… The combined attendance for both exhibition contests was 5,227, averaging 2,613 per game … K-State finished last years NCAA standings ranked as 24th in the nation in average attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Tasha Dickey, senior forward Jalana Childs, senior forward Branshea Brown, junior guard Brittany Chambers and junior guard Mariah White…This is the first time this lineup has been used this season … This lineup was not used during the 2010-2011 season… Childs has made 60 career starts … Chambers has made 56 career starts and has started 54 straight dating back to Dec. 2, 2009 … White has made 33 career starts and started every game last season … Brown has made 22 career starts … Dickey made her first appearance in the starting lineup during the exhibition season.
• Washburn went on a16-6 run in the first half, capped by a Stevi Schultz 3-pointer with 7:51 remaining in the half… The Lady Blues were able to tie the Wildcats at 22-22 with 2:52 remaining in the first half, and then again at 24-24 with 0:39 remaining in the half … The Wildcats were held without a field goal from 6:14 to 2:38 in the first half.
• Kansas State held a 28-24 halftime advantage over the Lady Blues on Tuesday… Last season, Kansas State was 17-2 (.895) when leading at the half… The Wildcats shot 35.1 percent from the field during the contest… The team grabbed 34 rebounds and committed 15 turnovers.
• The Lady Blues were able to take their first lead; a two-point lead with 13:51 left in the contest on a 3-pointer by freshman guard Casyn Buchman, then stretched the lead to six points with 12:49 left … The score was tied 4 times, and there were 2 lead changes throughout the contest.
• K-State has hit at least one 3-pointer in 140 consecutive games… The Wildcats were 4-of-21 from beyond the arc on Tuesday night.
• Chambers finished the night with 22 points and 3 rebounds… She shot 3-of-13 from 3-point range … She has scored in double figures in 47 career games … She has made two or more 3-pointers in 42 career games.
• Childs scored 15 points and grabbed 3 rebounds… She has scored in double figures during 35 games of her career … She shot 6-of-14 from the field.
• White added 3 points and grabbed a team high 6 rebounds, tied with Brown… She has scored in double figures during 35 games of her career … She shot 1-of-2 from the field, with 1-of-1 from 3-point land.
• Brown scored 2 points and blocked a team-high 3 shots… She has scored in double figures during 35 games of her career … She tabbed a team-high 6 rebounds, tied with White … her layup with 2.8 seconds brought the Wildcats to a 2-point lead, and secured a victory for the team.
• Tasha Dickey added in 4 points, brought down 1 rebound and took 4 steals … The Utah native led the Wildcats in steals for the game.
• Freshman guard Haley Texada recorded 2 points during her 6 minutes.