K-State Postgame Notes
K-State Postgame Notes
Nov. 8, 2013
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Nov. 8, 2013 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 85 (1-0), Tennessee State 53 (0-1)
• Friday’s game between Kansas State and Tennessee State was the third meeting in the series between the schools and the first in Manhattan… K-State leads the series, 3-0… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 340-207 (.622)… The Wildcats, in their 46th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 843-510 (.623).
• The 2013-14 season marks the 26th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 264-100 (.725) in Bramlage Coliseum… Attendance on Friday was 3,284… In 19 home games during the 2012-13 season, K-State saw 62,397 fans come through the doors for an average of 3,284… K-State ranked 32nd in the nation for attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: junior guard Haley Texada, freshman guard Leticia Romero, freshman guard Kindred Wesemann, freshman forward Breanna Lewis and freshman forward Erica Young… Texada has started 28 games in her career, with 27 coming last season… These were the first career starts and career debuts on Romero, Wesemann, Lewis & Young… For the night, six Wildcats made their career debuts in purple and white as redshirt freshman Kelly Thomson and freshman Jessica Sheble each came off the bench to register their first career action.
• K-State was 9-of-19 from beyond the arc… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 212 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… K-State set the Big 12 Conference and school records for most 3-pointers made in a season with 325 last season… K-State also set the school and Big 12 records for 3-pointers attempted in a season with 1,077… The nine connections were the most since making 12 against Ball State in the WNIT on March 28, 2013.
• The Wildcats received 32 points from its bench on Friday night… The Wildcats averaged just 8.8 points per game from its bench last season… The last time K-State scored at least 32 bench points was Nov. 11, 2012 against Arkansas-Pine Bluff when K-State tallied 45 points off the bench.
• The Wildcats registered 38 of its 85 points in the paint on Friday… Last season K-State averaged 23 points in the paint… The last time K-State tallied at least 38 points in the paint came on Dec. 9, 2012 against South Dakota when the Wildcats notched 38 points.
• K-State led 40-19 at the half on Friday… K-State was 17-5 last season when leading at the half… Since the 1999-00 season, K-State is 240-39 (.860) when leading at the intermission… Of the 11 Wildcats who played in the first half, nine scored… The 21-point halftime margin was the largest for the Wildcats since holding a 28-point lead over Texas Southern on March 21, 2013.
• Romero almost registered a triple-double in her debut, as she carded 16 points, eight assists and seven rebounds in just 27 minutes of action.
• Texada turned in 15 points, five rebounds, two assists, two steals and a block… Texada has 23 career games with double figures in points, including 11 games with 15 or more points… She has 24 career games with two or more connections from beyond the arc… Texada has 13 career games with five or more rebounds and also has 13 career games with two or more steals.
• Ashlynn Knoll came off the bench on Friday to record eight points… This was Knoll’s first game action since Jan. 19, 2013 at TCU, since she tore her ACL on Jan. 21… Her eight points were her highest since she tallied eight against Mississippi Valley State on Nov. 30, 2012.