K-State Postgame Notes
K-State Postgame Notes
Nov. 10, 2013
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Nov. 10, 2013 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 73 (2-0), Charlotte 65 (1-1)
• Sunday’s game between Kansas State and Charlotte was the second meeting in the series between the schools and the first in Manhattan… K-State leads the series, 2-0… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 341-207 (.622)… The Wildcats, in their 46th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 844-510 (.623).
• The 2013-14 season marks the 26th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 265-100 (.726) in Bramlage Coliseum… Attendance on Sunday was 3,780… In 19 home games during the 2012-13 season, K-State saw 62,397 fans come through the doors for an average of 3,284… K-State ranked 32nd in the nation for attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: junior guard Haley Texada, freshman guard Leticia Romero, freshman guard Kindred Wesemann, freshman forward Breanna Lewis and freshman forward Erica Young… This is the second straight game for this lineup… Texada has started 29 games in her career, with 27 coming last season… These were the second career for Romero, Wesemann, Lewis & Young… The last time K-State started four freshmen in consecutive games came on Dec. 6 and Dec. 11, 2005 (Danielle Zanotti, Shalee Lehning, Marlies Gipson and JoAnn Hamlin)… Katya Leick made her K-State career debut with 15:53 to play in the first half… The Wildcats played 12 players in the first half on Sunday.
• K-State was 6-of-19 from beyond the arc… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 213 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… K-State set the Big 12 Conference and school records for most 3-pointers made in a season with 325 last season… K-State also set the school and Big 12 records for 3-pointers attempted in a season with 1,077.
• Kansas State was 27-of-36 from the foul line on Sunday afternoon… The Wildcats were 15-of-21 from the free throw line in the first half… The 27 free throws made were the most since March 17, 2002 against Arkansas in the second round of the NCAA Tournament when K-State made 27 free throws on 33 attempts.
• K-State led 39-28 at the half on Sunday… The Wildcats are 2-0 this season when leading at the half… Since the 1999-00 season, K-State is 241-39 (.861) when leading at the intermission.
• Romero finished with game-highs of 25 points and eight rebounds on 7-of-7 shooting and including 10-of-14 from the foul line… Romero is the first Wildcat to attempt 10 or more free throws since Brittany Chambers attempted 17 at Iowa State on Feb. 9, 2013… She has started her career with consecutive double figure scoring games… She is the first Wildcat other than Brittany Chambers to score 20 or more points in a game since Mariah White registered 25 at Iowa State on Feb. 9, 2013.
• Leick finished with nine points and seven rebounds in 27 minutes off the bench to record her first career action in a K-State uniform... This was her first appearance since transferring to K-State from Nebraska in the spring of 2011.