Nov. 11, 2012
Kansas State 89 (2-0, 0-0), Arkansas-Pine Bluff 55 (0-1, 0-0)
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
• Sunday afternoon’s game between Kansas State and Arkansas-Pine Bluff was the second meeting in the series and the first since Dec. 2, 2002 (a 115-37 K-State win)… The all-time series between the schools stands at 2-0 in favor of K-State… K-State is 17-0 against schools from the Southwestern Athletic Conference, including a 12-0 record for head coach Deb Patterson… Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 322-189 (.630)… The Wildcats enter their 45th season of women’s basketball with an all-time record of 825-492 (.626).
• K-State is 135-22 (.860) against non-conference opponents in Bramlage Coliseum, including a current streak of 15 straight wins… Head coach Deb Patterson is 98-9 (.916) against non-conference opponents in Bramlage… K-State owns a 107-41 (.723) record in the month of November.
• The 2012-13 season marks the 25th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 254-93 (.732) in Bramlage Coliseum, including a 10-4 mark in the 2011-12 season… Attendance on Sunday afternoon was 2,914… After 14 home games in 2011-12, total attendance in Bramlage Coliseum was 56,970 with an average of 4,069… K-State ranked 24th in the nation in average attendance last season.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Brittany Chambers, freshman guard Bri Craig, sophomore guard Ashia Woods, junior guard Kendra Spresser and junior forward Chantay Caron…This is the second time this starting lineup has been used… Chambers has now started 96 regular season and postseason games in her career, including 95 straight from Dec. 2, 2009 until the present, and has played in 100 career games... Caron owns 13 career starts, with all her previous starts coming in her freshman season in the 2011-12 season… Craig, Spresser and Woods all started a regular season game for K-State for the second time.
• Kansas State had 5 players score in double figures Sunday: Brittany Chambers (15), Bri Craig (13), Ashia Woods (10), Ashlynn Knoll (10) and Haley Texada (10)… The last time the Wildcats had 5 players score 10+ points was March 3, 2010, at Colorado in 72-70 victory… Texada and Knoll scored their points off the bench as K-State scored a total of 45 points from non-starters.
• Kansas State held a 47-26 halftime lead on Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Sunday afternoon… K-State was 16-2 in 2011-12 when leading at the half… Since the 1999-00 season, K-State is 224-34 (.868) in regular season and postseason games when leading at the half… The 47 first half points were the most in an opening half since K-State scored 47 against Grambling on Dec. 4, 2009.
• The Wildcats were 14-of-35 (40.0 percent) from beyond the arc on Sunday afternoon… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 176 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007... The last time K-State had consecutive games with 10 or more connections from beyond the arc was Feb. 16 and Feb. 19, 2011.
• Chambers finished Sunday afternoon’s game with 15 points and 5 rebounds… She has now scored 1,415 points in her K-State career and ranks 10th in school history and is only 4 points behind Brit Jacobson… Chambers has pulled in 596 career rebounds and ranks 15th in the category and trails Ashley Sweat by 8 boards.
• Sophomore guard Haley Texada registered 10 points on Sunday… Her combined point total in the first two games this season of 21 (11 in season-opener), surpasses her season total from her freshman year of 14 points.
• Freshman guard Bri Craig tallied 13 points, with all her made baskets coming beyond the arc… Craig shot 4-of-9 from 3-point range and 4-of-10 overall… She was 1-of-2 at the free-throw line… Craig added 4 assists.
• Scoring their first career K-State points on Sunday were sophomore Heidi Brown, junior Ashlynn Knoll, and freshmen Marissa Ellis and Stacey Malone… After playing in five games in her freshman year in 2011-12 without recording a point, Brown registered her first career field goal on a 3-pointer late in the first half… Knoll tallied 10 points, 5 rebounds and 3 steals in her second career game… Ellis tallied 9 points and was 3-of-4 from the field, including 2-of-2 from beyond the arc… Malone finished with 9 points shooting 4-of-5.