Kansas State Postgame Notes
Kansas State Postgame Notes
Nov. 18, 2011
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
(rv/--) Kansas State 65 (3-0), Missouri State 63 (1-2)
• Friday night’s game between Kansas State and Missouri State was the 16th meeting in the history of the series… The series is now 13-3 in favor of K-State… The Wildcats hold a 8-1 advantage against the Lady Bears in Manhattan… Head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, maintains a career record of 303-175 (.634)… In its 44 years of women’s basketball, K-State is 806-478 (.628).
• The Wildcats now hold a 244-89 (.733) record in Bramlage Coliseum, including a 131-22 (.856) mark against non-conference opponents… Attendance on Friday night was 2,918… K-State finished last year’s NCAA standings ranked as 24th in the nation in average attendance.
• K-State’s 65 points on Friday were a new season-high… Last season when K-State scored 60 or more points, the Wildcats were 13-2… This was K-State’s highest point total since March 2, 2011 against Texas A&M when the Wildcats scored 71.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Tasha Dickey, senior forward Jalana Childs, senior forward Branshea Brown, junior guard Brittany Chambers and junior guard Mariah White…This is the third time this lineup has been used this season… Childs made her 63rd career start … Chambers made her 59th career start and has started 57 straight dating back to Dec. 2, 2009 … White made her 36th career start… Brown made her 25th career start … Dickey made her third appearance in the starting lineup this season.
• The Wildcats finished Friday night 9-of-19 from beyond the arc … K-State has hit at least one 3-pointer in 144 consecutive games… The nine 3-point field goals made on Friday night were a season-high and the most since March 11, 2011 against Baylor when K-State hit 11.
• Kansas State held a 41-27 halftime lead over the Lady Bears on Friday… The Wildcats are 3-0 (1.000) this season when leading at the half and were 17-2 (.895) last season… Since the 1999-00 season, Deb Patterson’s squads hold a 209-32 (.867) mark when entering the locker room with a lead… The first half point total was
K-State’s highest in any half this season and the most for a first half since Feb. 16, 2011 against Colorado when K-State scored 42… The Wildcats shot 48.3 percent from the field in the opening stanza, which was the highest this season and the best for a first half since Jan. 9, 2011 against Oklahoma State (.500).
• Chambers finished the night with a season-high 25 points on 8-of-20 shooting… This was her 49th career game in double figures and the 14th time she has registered 20 or more in a game… She has now made two or more 3-point field goals in a game for the first time this season and the 43rd time in her career… This was her 16th career game with four or more 3-point field goals made… Chambers also pulled in a team-leading seven rebounds… She now has 38 career games with five or more rebounds.
• Childs carded 14 points on 5-of-13 shooting and also pulled in four rebounds… This was the second time this season she has reached double digits in scoring and the 37th time in her career… Childs and Chambers have now scored in double figures in the same game for the second time this season and the 25th time in their careers… The Wildcats are 16-9 when the duo scores in doubles figures in the same game.
• Dickey recorded 10 points, four rebounds and two steals… This was her second double figure scoring game of the season… The Wildcats had three players in double figures for the second time this season… Dickey has two games this season with two or more steals.