K-State Postgame Notes
K-State Postgame Notes
Nov. 20, 2013
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Nov. 20, 2013 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 46 (2-2), Wichita State 69 (2-2)
• Wednesday’s game between Kansas State and Wichita State was the 48th meeting in the series between the schools… K-State leads the series, 41-7… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 341-209 (.620)… The Wildcats, in their 46th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 844-512 (.622).
• The 2013-14 season marks the 26th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 265-101 (.724) in Bramlage Coliseum… K-State had won 14 straight home games in the month of November… Attendance on Wednesday was 3,914… To date, 10,978 fans have come through the doors of Bramlage this season for an average of 3,659 per game… In 19 home games during the 2012-13 season, K-State saw 62,397 fans come through the doors for an average of 3,284… K-State ranked 32nd in the nation for attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: junior guard Haley Texada, freshman guard Leticia Romero, redshirt freshman guard Kelly Thomson, freshman forward Breanna Lewis and senior forward Katya Leick… This is the first game for this lineup… Texada has started 31 games in her career… This was the fourth career start for Romero… This was the third career start for Lewis… This was the second career K-State start for Leick… This was Thomson’s first career start.
• K-State was 4-of-14 from beyond the arc… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 215 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007.
• K-State trailed 37-19 at the half on Wednesday… The Wildcats are 0-2 this season when leading at the half… This is the second straight game K-State has trailed by 15 or more points at the half (33, at UTEP, Nov. 16, 2013).
• Craig registered eight points off the bench on Wednesday… This was her highest point output since March 30, 2013 when she recorded eight points against Illinois.
• Romero tallied a team-high 10 points on 4-of-10 shooting and dished out a team-high six assists… Romero has now reached double figures in three games this season… She has carded five or more assists twice.