K-State Postgame Notes
K-State Postgame Notes
Dec. 7, 2013
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Dec. 7, 2013 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 83 (4-3), Grambling State 50 (3-4)
• Saturday’s game between Kansas State and Grambling State was the ninth meeting in the series between the schools… K-State leads the series, 9-0… The Wildcats are 7-0 against the Lady Tigers in games played in Manhattan… The Wildcats are 20-0 all-time against the SWAC… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 343-210 (.620)… The Wildcats, in their 46th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 846-513 (.623)… K-State is 198-83 (.705) in the month of December… Patterson owns a 94-23 (.803) mark in December.
• The 2013-14 season marks the 26th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 266-101 (.725) in Bramlage Coliseum… Attendance on Saturday was a season-high 3,947… To date, 14,925 fans have come through the doors of Bramlage this season for an average of 3,731 per game.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: junior guard Haley Texada, freshman guard Leticia Romero, junior guard Ashia Woods, freshman forward Breanna Lewis and senior forward Katya Leick… This is the second straight game for this lineup… Texada has started 34 games in her career… This was the seventh career start for Romero… This was the sixth career start for Lewis… This was the fourth career K-State start for Leick… This was Woods’ 20th career start… Chantay Caron came off the bench to see action in her 106th career game.
• K-State was 10-of-32 from beyond the arc… The 10 made 3-point field goals on Saturday were a season-high and the most since K-State made 12 against Ball State on March 28, 2013… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 218 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007.
• K-State led 42-18 at the half on Saturday… The 42 first half points were the most by the Wildcats this season in an opening half… The last time K-State scored 42 or more points in an opening stanza was March 21, 2013 against Texas Southern when K-State scored 46 points… Eight of the 11 Wildcats that saw action in the first half registered at least two points… K-State is 4-0 this season when leading at the half… Since the 1999-00 season, K-State is 243-39 (.862) when leading at the half… The Wildcats are 110-11 (.909) when holding a lead with five minutes to play in the game.
• K-State outscored the Grambling State bench on Saturday, 52-0… K-State has held the edge in bench points in six of seven games this season… The Wildcats have outscored its opponents’ bench, 195-103, this season.
• Kelly Thomson recorded a team-high 14 points on 4-of-9 shooting from beyond the arc… This was her second game this season leading K-State in scoring… Thomson has two games this season with four or more connections from the 3-point line, including a career-high five at UTEP (11/16).
• Breanna Lewis finished with six points, five rebounds and three blocks… She has blocked three or more shots in a game three times this season… Lewis has now blocked a shot in seven straight games and is the first freshman in the Deb Patterson era to block a shot in seven straight games to open their career… For the season, Lewis has blocked 16 shots… She has five games this season with five or more rebounds.
• Kindred Wesemann tallied a career-high six assists to go with nine points and three rebounds… Wesemann was 3-of-6 from the field including 2-of-5 from beyond the arc… She is now 7-of-14 from behind the 3-point line this season.