Dec. 12, 2010
December 12, 2010 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 61 (8-1), UC Davis 41 (6-2)
• Sunday afternoon’s game between Kansas State and UC Davis was the second in the series… The series is now 2-0 in favor of the Wildcats… K-State is now 6-3 against teams from the Big West Conference… This was the final home non-conference game of the season for K-State… The Wildcats concluded home non-conference action with a perfect 7-0 record… Head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, now owns a career record of 287-165 (.635)… In its 43 years of women’s basketball, K-State is 790-468 (.628)… The Wildcats need 10 wins to become the 14th team in NCAA Division I history to record 800 wins.
• The Wildcats now hold a 235-87 (.730) record in Bramlage Coliseum, including a 128-22 (.853) mark against non-conference opponents… K-State has now won nine straight games against non-conference opponents in Bramlage Coliseum… K-State is now 185-77 (.706) in the month of December, which includes an 81-17 (.827) record by head coach Deb Patterson in the 12th month.
• Attendance on Sunday afternoon was 3,076… After seven home games, total attendance in Bramlage Coliseum now stands at 22,503 with an average of 3,214.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: sophomore guard Taelor Karr, sophomore guard Brittany Chambers, sophomore guard Mariah White, junior forward Jalana Childs and junior forward Branshea Brown…This is the ninth straight game this lineup has been used… This was the 43rd career start for Childs… Karr made her 39th career start… It was the 37th career start for Chambers… This was the 10th career start for both Brown and White… This lineup is 8-1 this season… K-State played nine different players before the first media timeout in the opening half and all 12 active players saw action in the first half.
• K-State held a 35-22 lead at the half on Sunday afternoon… Since the 1999-00 season, Kansas State is 195-31 (.863) when leading at the half including a 6-1 mark this season… The Wildcats shot .538 from the field in the first half, which is the highest first half field goal percentage this season... The first half field goal percentage was the highest since Jan. 23, 2010 at Nebraska (.542).
• K-State has now hit at least one 3-pointer in 116 consecutive games... K-State finished 6-of-17 from beyond the arc.
• Chambers tallied 10 points, 3 rebounds and 4 assists… Chambers has now scored in 40 consecutive games… She has 30 career games with 10 or more points, including eight this season… Chambers has now made a three-point field goal in 37 games, including a current streak of 14 straight… Chambers now has 28 career games with two or more made three-point field goals.
• Karr finished with 17 points and tied her career-high of 12 rebounds… This was K-State’s first double-double of the season and Karr’s second career double-double… She has now scored in 29 straight games… Karr has scored in double figures in 22 career games… She finished 3-of-5 from beyond the arc, which marks her 22nd career game with two or more connections from deep.
• Brown recorded 13 points and 4 rebounds… This was her sixth career game in double figures, with five coming this season.