Dec. 16, 2012
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 50 (7-1, 0-0), UTEP 52 (9-1, 0-0)
• Sunday afternoon’s game between Kansas State and UTEP was the fourth meeting in the series and the first since Nov. 14, 2008 (a 65-44 K-State win)… The all-time series between the schools stands at 2-2 … K-State is 10-5 against schools from Conference USA… Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 327-190 (.632)… The Wildcats, in their 45th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 830-493 (.627).
• The 2012-13 season marks the 25th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 255-94 (.731) in Bramlage Coliseum… Today’s loss snapped a 17-game winning streak against non-conference opponents… Sunday’s game was the final home game of 2012 for K-State… The Wildcats were 9-5 in games at Bramlage during the 2012 calendar year… Attendance on Sunday afternoon was 2,882… Through the first five home games of the 2012-13 season, K-State has seen 14,782 fans come through the door for an average of 2,956.
• K-State is 137-23 (.856) against non-conference opponents in Bramlage Coliseum… Head coach Deb Patterson is 100-10 (.909) against non-conference opponents in Bramlage… K-State owns a 195-81 (.707) record in the month of December.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Brittany Chambers, senior guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Ashia Woods, freshman guard Bri Craig and junior forward Ashlynn Knoll…This is the second time this starting lineup has been used this season… Chambers has now started 102 regular season and postseason games in her career, including 101 straight from Dec. 2, 2009 until the present, and has played in 106 career games... White made her 69th career start and her second of the 2012-13 season… Woods all tallied her eighth career start, all this season... Craig started her fifth career game… Knoll made her second career start.
• K-State pocketed 12 steals on Sunday afternoon… This marks the eighth straight game K-State tallied 10 or more steals in a game this season… The Wildcats forced the Miners into 20 turnovers on Sunday, marking the fourth straight game and the fifth this season that K-State has forced 20 or more turnovers.
• Kansas State held a 25-21 halftime lead on Sunday… K-State is 7-1 this season when leading at the half… Since the 1999-00 season, K-State is 229-35 (.867) in regular season and postseason games when leading at the half.
• The Wildcats were 9-of-36 from beyond the arc on Sunday… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 181 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007.
• Craig scored 12 points on Sunday… Craig tallied a career-high 4-of-14 from beyond the arc… This is the first time in her career Craig has scored in double figures in consecutive games…
• Texada notched 12 points on Sunday, with 9 points in the second half… This was her sixth game in double figures this season.
• Chambers finished with 3 points, a rebound and an assist on Sunday… She departed with 15:59 to play in the 1st half due to an injury… Chambers has scored in 105 straight games… Her two field goal attempts in the first half moved her into a tie for 9th in school history with Laurie Koehn (2001-05) with 1,317… She has now scored 1,526 career points and ranks ninth in school history… Her rebound on Sunday improved her career total to 639 and now ranks 13th in school history… Her assist gives her 264 for her career and ranks 16th in school history… With her four minutes of action, Chambers moved into 10th on the K-State career list for minutes played with 3,612.