Sept. 13, 2012
Golden Hurricane Classic
|No. 19 K-State||25||25||25||-||3|
Reynolds Center – Tulsa, Okla.
• The Wildcats have won 10 consecutive matches to open the season, extending the best start to a season in school history… 9 of those wins are in 3-0 sweeps, K-State had 7 3-0 wins all of last season.
• Thursday’s contest was the 26th meeting between K-State and Tulsa… K-State
is now 24-2 against the Golden Hurricane and 38-5-1 against teams from Conference USA… Head Coach Suzie Fritz is 6-0 against Conference USA teams
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup Saturday night consisted of senior setter Caitlyn Donahue,
senior middle blocker Alex Muff, senior opposite Kathleen Ludwig, junior outside hitter Lilla Porubek, junior middle blocker Kaitlynn Pelger, junior outside hitter Courtney Traxson and senior libero Kuulei Kabalis… This is the third time K-State has used this line-up this season… K-State is 3-0 with this starting lineup.
• K-State hit .214 percent for the match (39-14-117)… The Wildcats have hit .200+ in every match this season.
• K-State is ranked No. 19 in the AVCA Preseason Coaches Poll… The Wildcats are now 207-90 (.697) when playing as a ranked team.
• K-State had three players with double-digit digs (McCarty 13, Pelger 12, Kabalis 11).
• The Wildcats posted 14.5 blocks on the night… It marked four straight matches K-State has had 10+ blocks… The Wildcats entered the Golden Hurricane Classic ranked 14th in the NCAA in blocks per set at 2.93… K-State increased its mark in that category to 3.11 per set.
• With the 3-0 sweep, K-State has now won 23 consecutive sets setting a new school record… The previous mark was 22 straight sets won set twice from Sept. 7-Oct. 27, 1996 and Sept. 24-Oct. 7. 1977.
• Kaitlynn Pelger tallied her 4th double-double of the season with 11 kills and 12 digs… Pelger added 5 block assists and had a hitting percentage of .455… It was her 19th career double-double
• Caitlyn Donahue had 34 assists, 7 digs and posted 3 kills for a .600 hitting percentage… she guided the team to a team hitting percentage of .214.
• Alex Muff led the team in blocks with 6 in two sets played… She entered this week’s action ranked 4th in the NCAA in blocks per set.
• Kathleen Ludwig had 10 kills and a .364 hitting percentage on the night… She also added 6 digs, 3 block assists and 2 aces.