Student Early Entry Procedures Announced for Men's Basketball
Student Early Entry Procedures Announced for Men's Basketball
MANHATTAN, Kan. – With the K-State men’s basketball season tipping off at the end of the week, K-State Athletics, the K-State student athletic advisory team and the K-State Student Governing Association (SGA) today issued information on the men’s basketball early entry rewards program for K-State student pass holders.
The program is intended to encourage student attendance at all home games, while creating a priority entry system for selected men’s games at Bramlage Coliseum.
“K-State Student Governing Association recognizes the importance of an enthusiastic student section to support our Wildcats throughout another exciting K-State basketball season, said SGA president Jessica Van Ranken. “K-State is a winning institution inside the classroom and on the court, and SGA is grateful for the opportunity to collaborate with university stakeholders in K-State Athletics to ensure that students continue to experience the best fan experience in the Big 12 Conference. We are proud of the student support for our wildcats, and glad that the Early Entry Points procedure provides a fair and reasonable method for students to enjoying cheering on our student athletes without having to miss class during the day to wait in line.”
K-State student pass holders will earn early entry points for attending men’s basketball games. Early entry points are then used to determine the entry times for the Big Monday matchup against KU on February 6, and can also be implemented for other marquee games if student attendance is anticipated to exceed the number of available seats.
For the February 6 game, students will be segmented into four early-entry tiers. The points required to be within each tier will be:
• Tier 1: 14 to 12 points
• Tier 2: 11 to 9 points
• Tier 3: 8 to 6 points
• Tier 4: 5 to 0 points
The exact early entry times will be determined at a later date and will depend on the number of students per tier. Students will be required to be in-line at Bramlage Coliseum approximately 30 minutes prior to their entry time.
The first opportunity for men’s basketball pass holders to earn a point is Friday when the Wildcats play the first of two exhibition games at 7 p.m., against Pittsburg State. The final game to earn an early entry point for the KU game will be Wednesday, February 1 vs. TCU.
Students may also receive a bonus point for purchasing a student ticket for the Wildcat Classic game vs. Washington State at the Sprint Center on Saturday, December 10. An allotment of $10 student tickets for the Wildcat Classic will go on sale beginning with the ICAT pass holders Monday, November 7, GA Combo pass holders Tuesday, November 8 and all K-State students Wednesday, November 9 at the Bramlage Coliseum Ticket Office beginning at 8:30 a.m. All purchases must be done in-person with a valid student ID. Starting on November 9, tickets will be available online to students.
Students will also have the chance to donate their student pass to Fort Riley soldiers and families for the Thanksgiving and winter break games. Students who choose to donate their student pass for the break games will earn one early entry point for each of the two breaks. The deadline to donate a student pass for the two Thanksgiving break games will be Friday, November 11, while the deadline for the four winter break games will be Friday, December 16.
• Sunday, November 20 – Hampton
• Tuesday, November 22 – Robert Morris
• Wednesday, December 21 – Gardner-Webb
• Friday, December 30 – Texas
• Saturday, January 7 – Oklahoma
• Saturday, January 14 – Baylor
Students who choose to donate their student pass for the break games will earn a total of one early entry point for Thanksgiving break and one early entry point for winter break. Students who choose to donate their student pass will not have access to attend the games listed above. All student pass donations will occur online and information on how to donate student passes will be sent via email after the beginning of the season.
In the event that a K-State Football bowl game conflicts with a men’s basketball home game, students who have purchased a bowl game ticket through the K-State Ticket Office will have the option to donate their basketball pass to a Fort Riley soldier to receive one point. Details on how to donate will be released if necessary.
For more information on the men’s basketball student early entry program visit www.kstatesports.com/earlyentry.
Students are also reminded of the following game-day policies:
• Every game included in your student pass package will be counted toward your point total. Students will earn one point for attending each men’s basketball game.
• Only one pass per student may be scanned. Students attempting to scan multiple passes may be ejected from the game and lose any early entry points earned.
• To receive a point, student pass holders must be in Bramlage Coliseum no later than 15 minutes after tipoff.
• Every three games, students will receive an email with their current point total. For early entry games, each tier for ICAT and GA members will enter Bramlage Coliseum at the same time.
• For all home games, students will enter Bramlage Coliseum at the southeast Entry.
• Student seating is first-come, first-served in Bramlage Coliseum for all games and is based on availability and demand. Due to increased ticket sales, possession of a student pass does not guarantee entry into the arena. It is suggested that students arrive early for high-demand games.
• Students are not allowed to “camp” for home games. Students may begin lining up for home contests no earlier than 6 a.m. on the day of the game.
• K-State Athletics may utilize the early-entry points program for other home contests if attendance beyond capacity is expected. Students will be notified via email no less than 5 days prior to each game that early-entry procedures will be in effect.
• Students are required to present their student pass card and show a valid K-State student ID for admittance.
• General admission pass-holders will be allowed to fill any open seats in the ICAT section 30 minutes prior to tipoff.
• Students are encouraged to stay for the entire game. Students found scanning their pass for an extra point, but not actually attending the game, may be disqualified from the early entry program at the discretion of K-State Athletics and SGA.
Questions regarding the student early entry program may be directed to Austin Anderson in the Fan Experience and Sales office at (785) 532.5379 or via email at email@example.com.