To represent and articulate the broad and diverse interests, opinions and concerns of student-athletes to athletic department administrators; to provide a vehicle through which athletic department administrators and the Intercollegiate Athletic Council (IAC) discuss with student-athletes issues regarding the management, operation and rules that govern the Athletic Department and its sport teams.
SAAC Event Subcommittees
- Welcome Back Picnic
- Career Development
- KSU Open House
- Bowl-A-Thon for Special Olympics
- "Read & Achieve" Outreach Program for Schools, fall & spring semesters
- Golf Outing for Special Olympics
- Cats For Cans
General committee members are assigned the following duties:
- Attend all SAAC meetings and scheduled related events.
- Serve as liaison between the member's respective sport to the committee and the athletic department.
- Serve the needs of fellow student athlete's via leadership and support.
- Enable student-athletes to make meaningful contributions to the community.
- Serve on at least one sub-committee with active involvement.
- Promote high achievement in academics, athletics, personal development and within society.
- Promote the athletic department of all of its various entities.
- Know, understand, and follow the SAAC by-laws.
- Assist in the growth and development of SAAC.
- Assist in the selection and appointment of new members at the end of the academic year.
2001-02 SAAC Representatives
Ivan Sulic, Men's Basketball
Kristin Rethman, Women's Basketball
Brad Anzman, Baseball
Kevin Melcher, Baseball
Megan Hemberger, Equestrian
Nicolas Leckey, Football
Terry Pierce, Football
John Robertson, Football
Daryn Soldan, Men's Golf
Matt Williams, Men's Golf (Chair)
Miranda Smith, Women's Golf
Stephanie Limoges, Women's Golf
Glenna Yokum, Rowing
Emily Lebsack, Rowing
Kathy Chuda, Tennis
Teena Clincy, Track/CC
Amy Mortimer, Track/CC (Vice-Chair)
Jim Gruenbacher, Track/CC
Patrick Pyle, Track/CC
Laura Downey, Volleyball
Jenny Pollard, Volleyball
Liz Wegner, Volleyball