Jan. 5, 2013
Final Stats |
No. 25/rv Kansas State 73 (12-2, 1-0) – No. 22/21Oklahoma State 67 (10-3, 0-1)
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• Kansas State is now 294-96 (.754) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum, including an 9-0 (1.000) mark this season… The Wildcats are now 73-47 against Oklahoma State, including 36-15 at home … The Cowboys are one of only two Big 12 teams joining Kansas to hold a winning record against K-State in Bramlage Coliseum (9-8) against the Wildcats… This is only the third time in the series history that both teams were ranked in the Top 25 and the first time since the 1958 NCAA Midwest Regional Championship.
• Today’s win snaps a 4-game losing streak to open Big 12 Conference play for the Wildcats… K-State’s last Big 12 opener win came in 2008 against Oklahoma, 84-82.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez, junior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Rodney McGruder, sophomore forward Thomas Gipson and junior forward Shane Southwell… K-State is now 3-0 when using this lineup.
• Attendance on Monday was announced as 12,528… K-State averaged 12,783 last season to rank 25th in the nation in attendance… Wildcat fans are averaging 12,621 so far this season.
• Rodney McGruder has now seen action in 90 consecutive games dating back to his sophomore season, including 81 straight starts… His 90 consecutive games played rank ninth in school history, while 81 consecutive starts are eclipsed by just three others and one behind Jacob Pullen.
• Will Spradling has now seen action in 47 consecutive games and in all 81 career games.
• K-State out-rebounded Oklahoma State 39-29… The Wildcats pulled down 12 offensive … K-State is now 12-0 when out-rebounding opponents this season.
• The Wildcats tallied 18 second chance points to lead OSU 18-4 and also had more bench points, winning that category 27-11.
• After only scoring 2 points in the first half, Rodney McGruder responded with a strong performance in the second half tallying 28 points on the day… He shot 11-of-19 and 5-of-9 from 3-point range… K-State is now 14-2 when he scores 20+.
• Nino Williams scored a career-high 17 points hitting on 7-of-11 shooting… It marks the second straight game he has posted a career-high after scoring 16 against South Dakota… Williams had 5 rebounds on the day, 4 offensively.