Jan. 22, 2013
Final Stats |
No. 11/13 Kansas State (15-3, 4-1) 55, No. 3/2 Kansas (17-1, 5-0) 59
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• Kansas State is now 295-97 (.754) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are 11-1 at home this year, including 10-1 at Bramlage Coliseum.
• The Wildcats are now 91-183 against Kansas, including 45-75 at home and 2-24 in Bramlage Coliseum… The Jayhawks are one of only two Big 12 teams joining Oklahoma to hold a winning record against K-State in Bramlage Coliseum against the Wildcats… Today was only the 16th time in the series history that both teams were ranked in the Associate Press Top 25.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez, junior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Rodney McGruder, sophomore forward Thomas Gipson and junior forward Shane Southwell… K-State is now 6-1 when using this lineup.
• Attendance on Tuesday was announced as 12,528… K-State averaged 12,783 last season to rank 25th in the nation in attendance… Wildcat fans are averaging 12,605 so far this season.
• K-State tied for its highest free-throw percentage of the season at 85.7 percent… But the Wildcats attempted a season-low of 7 free throws… K-State was 6-of-7 at the line.
• The Wildcats forced KU into 13 turnovers resulting in 14 points off turnovers and 14 fast break points… It was the most fast break points K-State has scored since posting 15 against Lamar on January 12.
• K-State had 5 blocks while limiting Kansas to only 3… The Jayhawks entered the game ranked No. 1 in the Big 12 in that category averaging 8.0 per game thanks to Jeff Withey’s own mark of 4.6 … Withey did not have a block for the first time this season.
• Rodney McGruder scored 13 points on 4-of-12 shooting, hitting three 3-pointers in the second half.
• Shane Southwell posted a career-high 19 points and was 7-of-15 from beyond the arc… both his makes and attempts from 3-point range were career-highs as well… His 19 points best his previous high of 17 at West Virginia last week when he also had a block to seal the victory.
• Angel Rodriguez scored 12 points (all in the first half) hitting on 4-of-10 shooting… He had 8 assists just one shy of his career-high.