Jan. 30, 2013
Final Stats |
No. 18/21 Kansas State (16-4, 4-2) 83, Texas (9-11, 1-6) 57
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• Kansas State is now 296-97 (.754) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are 12-1 at home this year, including 11-1 at Bramlage Coliseum.
• The Wildcats are now 14-10 against Texas, and have won 5 of the last 7… K-State is 8-3 at home in the series… The 26-point victory is one point shy of the largest victory ever over Texas, with K-State winning 87-60 in the first meeting in 1971.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez, junior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Rodney McGruder, senior forward Jordan Henriquez and junior forward Shane Southwell… K-State is now 1-0 when using this lineup.
• Attendance on Wednesday was announced as 12,109… K-State averaged 12,783 last season to rank 25th in the nation in attendance… Wildcat fans are averaging 12,567 so far this season.
• K-State held Texas to just 19 points in the first half… It marked the fifth time this season the Wildcats have kept an opponent to 20 or less in the opening stanza.
• The Wildcats had an assist-to-turnover ratio of 3.50… K-State entered the game leading the Big 12 in the category at 1.3… K-State also leads the conference in turnover margin at +2.3… The Wildcats forced Texas into 18 turnovers and committed just 6 for a +12 margin.
• Those 18 turnovers resulted in 33 points off turnovers for K-State, one point shy of a season-high… Texas only converted for 8 points off turnovers.
• With a number of starters in foul trouble, K-State had 45 points from the bench… That mark tied the season-high against North Dakota.
• Thomas Gipson scored a season-high 17 points off the bench on 7-of-10 shooting and a perfect 3-of-3 at the free-throw line.
• Omari Lawrence had a career night off the bench… He scored a career-high 12 points shooting 5-of-10 and pulled down 6 rebounds… He provided a spark in the first half with 10 points.
• Jordan Henriquez started today’s game, it was his first start since the Michigan game… He scored 7 points and had 4 rebounds.
• Angel Rodriguez just missed a double-double scoring 11 points and dishing out 8 assists… The starting point guard helped his assist-to-turnover ratio with only 1 turnover.