Feb. 14, 2011
Final Stats |
Kansas State (17-9, 5-6) 84 – 1/1 Kansas (24-2, 9-2) 68
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• Today’s game was the 363rd men’s game for K-State in Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are now 271-92 (.747) all-time in games played in Bramlage Coliseum.
• Today’s Dillon’s Sunflower Showdown was the 272nd meeting between K-State and Kansas dating back to 1907… The series is the sixth longest in the NCAA Division I history… The Wildcats are now 91-181 all-time against the Wildcats with today’s win, including 45-73 at home… K-State is now 4-13 all-time against the No. 1 team in the nation.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted of freshman guard Shane Southwell, sophomore guard Rodney McGruder, senior guard Jacob Pullen, junior forward Jamar Samuels and senior forward Curtis Kelly… This is the ninth time this season this starting lineup has been used with a 5-4 record.
• Tonight’s win marks the second time in two seasons the Wildcats have defeated the No. 1 ranked team in the nation on ESPN Big Monday at home in Bramlage Coliseum… last season K-State bested No. 1 Texas by the score of 71-62.
• The 16-point victory over Kansas is the largest by K-State in the series since besting KU by 15 on March 12, 1988… This is the 7th time K-State has defeated the Jayhawks since that day.
• In the first half the Wildcats shot 53.8 percent overall to take a 42-33 lead into the locker room at halftime… The Wildcats finished the contest 56.3 (27-of-48) after shooting just 31.8 percent at KU earlier this season…The Wildcats have improved at the line of late shooting 73.1 percent (177-of-242) over the last 10 games… K-State has now posted percentages o f 72.0 or higher in four of the last six games.
• K-State forced 18 turnovers converting them into 22 points… It is the 7th time this season the Wildcats have scored 20+ points off turnovers… They entered the game averaging 18.6 per game off turnovers.
• The Wildcats scored 25 points off the bench to keep pace with KU’s 26… K-State was averaging 24.2 points from subs coming into tonight’s contest.
• Jacob Pullen scored 23 points in the first half tonight for a new career-high in the opening stanza… he finished the game with 38 points also a career-high to tie for 17th in school history and bring his career total to 1,939... He made 15 free throws to tie for 7th in school history for a game, it also ranks 4th in a conference game… Pullen only trails Mike Evans (2,115) on the all-time list at K-State… Pullen also tied Steve Henson for most career games played at K-State tonight with 127.