No. 13/13 K-State (21-5, 10-3) 71, West Virginia (13-13, 6-7) 61
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• Kansas State is now 299-97 (.754) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are 15-1 at home this year, including 14-1 at Bramlage Coliseum.
• Tonight’s game marked the return of former K-State head coach Bob Huggins to Bramlage Coliseum… Huggins coached the Wildcats to a 23-12 record and an appearance in the NIT in 2006-07 before leaving to coach his alma mater West Virginia… K-State is now 3-1 all-time against West Virginia dating back to 1949.
• K-State is now 10-3 in Big 12 play… It marks the sixth time in the last seven seasons the Wildcats have reached 10+ wins in conference play… K-State remains in 1st place with the win.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez, junior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Rodney McGruder, senior forward Jordan Henriquez and junior forward Shane Southwell… K-State is now 6-1 when using this lineup.
• Attendance on Monday night was 12,329… K-State averaged 12,783 last season to rank 25th in the nation in attendance… Wildcat fans are averaging 12,547 this year.
• K-State’s bench scored 26 points… the most since posting 26 against Iowa State on Feb. 9… It is the sixth time in conference play the Wildcats have had 20+ points from the bench.
• The Wildcats shot 50.0 percent on the night (23-of-46)… It is the seventh time this season K-State has shot 50 percent or better… The team is 6-1 in those games.
• K-State held West Virginia to only 20 points in the first half… that was the fewest first-half points for the Mountaineers since their season opener at Gonzaga (18)…
• Will Spradling scored 19 points to tie his career-high and was a perfect 7-of-7 at the free-throw line… It was the seventh time he has led the Wildcats in scoring… The team is 6-1 in those games.
• Thomas Gipson came off the bench to score 11 points and pull down 4 rebounds… In the first half, Gipson played 11 minutes and outscored WV’s starters 9-7.
• Nino Williams scored 13 points off the bench, his highest total in Big 12 play since scoring 17 against Oklahoma State in the conference opener… He was 6-of-8 shooting and had 5 rebounds.