Feb. 25, 2012
Final Stats |
Kansas State Postgame Notes
Kansas State (19-9, 8-8) 61 - Iowa State (21-8, 11-5) 65
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Manhattan, Kan. - Bramlage Coliseum - Attendance: 12,528
- K-State is now 285-96 (.750) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum... K-State has never had a single season record below .500 in games played in the Octagon of Doom.
- K-State is now 1507-1065 (.586) all-time and 114-52 (.687) under head coach Frank Martin.
- The Wildcats are now 135-79 against the Cyclones and 7-3 under Frank Martin... K-State is 78-25 all-time at home against Iowa State.
- The Wildcats' starting lineup this afternoon consisted of freshman guard Angel Rodriguez, sophomore guard Will Spradling, junior guard Rodney McGruder, senior forward Jamar Samuels and junior forward Jordan Henriquez. This is the fourth time K-State has used this lineup this season.
- Iowa State out-rebounded K-State 37-35 ... The Wildcats had 10 offensive rebounds and turned them into 6 second chance points... K-State was averaging 15.7 second chance points in Big 12 play entering tonight's game.
- The Wildcats scored 27 points in the first half ... It marked just the seventh time this season K-State has trailed at the break... The Wildcats are now 3-5 when trailing at half this season and 13-33 under Frank Martin.
- K-State shot 44.4 percent (12-of-27) in the first half ... Iowa State shot 46.7 percent (14-of-30) in the first half.
- K-State scored 10 points off the bench ... The Wildcats scored 34 points in the paint ... They were averaging 31.3 per game before today's contest.
- The Wildcats out-scored the Cyclones on the break 11-6 with K-State scoring in transition.
- K-State had a team high 7 blocks to break their Big 12 Conference record.
- K-State committed 11 turnovers during the game, while Iowa State committed 10 ... K-State forces 16.4 per game and scores an average 15.8 points off during a contest ... Today, the Wildcats capitalized for 14 off of Iowa State's miscues.
- Jordan Henriquez led K-State with 19 points and 12 rebounds... It was his first career double-double... Henriquez was 7-of-12 from the field ... He carded 7 blocks to break his career high of 6, previously set against Kansas on 2/13/2012.
- Rodney McGruder scored 13 points on 5-of-13 shooting... He also pulled down 11 rebounds.
- Angel Rodriguez scored 11 points, shooting 5-of-13 from the field and 2-of-3 from 3-point range ... He distributed the ball for 8 assists, a new career high.
- Shane Southwell scored 8 points, shooting 4-of-4 from the field ... He pulled down one rebound in his 15 minutes of play.