March 22, 2013
Final Stats |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
No. 12/14 K-State (27-8) 61, La Salle (23-9) 63
NCAA Championship Second Round – West Regional – Sprint Center – Kansas City, Mo.
• Kansas State is now 33-31 (.516) all-time in the NCAA Tournament… The Wildcats are 6-4 in second round games… K-State is now 10-8 in the Sprint Center overall… Today marked the first time K-State played an NCAA Tournament game in Kansas City since 1964 in the Final Four.
• The Wildcats are now 3-1 all-time against La Salle, including a win in the 1988 NCAA Midwest Regional First Round… K-State is 21-19 against teams from the Atlantic 10 Conference… This is the 6th time K-State has played an Atlantic 10 team in the NCAA Tournament for a record of 2-4.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez, junior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Rodney McGruder, senior forward Jordan Henriquez and junior forward Shane Southwell… The Wildcats are now 10-3 when using this lineup.
• K-State trailed by 18 points at halftime, tying the largest halftime deficit this season at Kansas on Feb. 11… The Wildcats shot 11-of-29 (37.9 percent), but La Salle was 18-of-31 (58.1 percent) and 6-of-11 from 3-point range.
• The Wildcats trailed by 19 points with 6:04 remaining in the first half… K-State would claim its first lead of the game with 7:09 left in the second half… It was the largest deficit overcome by the Wildcats this season to take a lead.
• K-State shot 13-of-28 (46.4 percent) in the second half to outscore La Salle 35-19.
• The Wildcats out-rebounded La Salle 36-30… It was the first time K-State lost this season when pulling down more rebounds than the opponent… K-State went 20-1 in those games.
• La Salle shot 14-of-16 at the free-throw line for 87.5 percent… That is the highest percentage by an opponent this season.
• K-State swatted 7 blocks, one shy of its season-high against Lamar… It ties for third in school history in a postseason game with the 7 against Southern Miss last season in the Round of 64.
• Jordan Henriquez had 5 blocks, one shy of his own school record for a postseason game set last year against Southern Miss… He scored 17 points on 7-of-10 shooting and had 12 rebounds for his second double-double of the season… After his strong performances in the NCAA Tournament last year, Henriquez averaged 7.14 points, 7.14 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game in the NCAA Tournament for his career… Over the last two NCAA Tournaments, those averages are 15.33 points, 12.67 rebounds and 3.67 blocks.
• Shane Southwell shot 7-of-10 from the field and 3-of-3 from beyond the arc to score 17 points… It was his second double digit scoring game in an NCAA Tournament game surpassing his previous best of10 points against Utah State in 2011 as a freshman.
• McGruder scored 13 points on 5-of-17 shooting and pulled down 6 rebounds.
• Thomas Gipson pulled down 4 rebounds and scored 8 points on 3-of-7 shooting and 2-of-3 at the free-throw line.