Oct. 30, 2012
Box Score |
Kansas State 81 – Washburn 61
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan. – Exhibition Game
• Kansas State has an overall exhibition record of 53-18 (.746) with a home exhibition record of 41-9 with the last home loss against EA Sports All-Stars, 79-67 on Nov. 6, 2003… K-State won its only exhibition game last season 90-60 over NCAA Division II team Fort Hays State.
• The Wildcats are now 4-0 against the Ichabods in exhibition games.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted senior guard Martavious Irving, senior guard Rodney McGruder, junior guard Will Spradling, sophomore forward Adrian Diaz and senior forward Jordan Henriquez.
• In the first half, the Wildcats were 18-of-33 (54.5 percent) from the field, 20 of their 44 points coming off the bench to open the game as well. Overall, K-State was 29-of-57 (50.9 percent) from the field, 5-of-18 (27.8 percent) from beyond the arc to finish the game. The Wildcats finished with 44 bench points.
• On the night, 13 different Wildcats saw action with 12 of them scoring in the game. Of those players 4 scored in double figures.
• The Wildcats out-rebounded Washburn 46-39 and had 8 blocks compared to Washburn’s 1 block. Both teams tallied 10 steals.
• Rodney McGruder scored 10 points shooting 2-of-3 from 3-points range, he also went 2-of-4 at the free-throw line. McGruder added 6 rebounds.
• Jordan Henriquez had 13 points, shooting 5-of-7 from the field and hitting 3-of-7 free throws… He also pulled down 9 rebounds to just miss a double-double…
• Nino Williams led the Wildcats with 14 points on the night… He shot a strong 6-of-8 from the field and went 2-of-4 at the free-throw line… He also just missed a double-double with 9 rebounds… Last season, Williams scored a total of 24 points in 12 games.
• D.J. Johnson also reached double digits in scoring with 10 points… He was 5-of-8 from the field and pulled down 7 rebounds.
• Shane Southwell led the team with 5 assists… He also contributed 5 points, including a 3-pointer.