Nov. 1, 2013
Final Stats |
Kansas State Postgame Notes
Kansas State (0-0) 75 – Pittsburg State (0-0) 54
Friday, November 1, 2013
Manhattan, Kan. – Bramlage Coliseum
- K-State is now 55-18 (.753) all-time in exhibition play
- With the win, K-State improves to 37-9 all-time in exhibition games in Bramlage Coliseum.
- The Wildcats have now won 15 consecutive exhibition wins, dating back to 2004.
- The Wildcats’ starting lineup Friday night consisted of freshman guard Marcus Foster, sophomore forward D.J. Johnson, junior forward Nino Williams, senior guard Will Spradling and senior guard Omari Lawrence.
- K-State now has three wins over Pittsburg State dating back to 2004… The other wins came in 2004 (88-69) and 2009 (89-53).
- The Wildcats finished the game shooting 24-of-66 (36.4%)… Of those 24 field goals made, 16 came off of an assist.
- K-State had 41 points from its bench.
- The Wildcats forced 12 turnovers, scoring 23 points off of them.
- K-State shot 3-of-15 from 3-point range (25 percent).
- Trailing 7-3 early in the first, the Wildcats’ 17-2 run in the first half gave them a lead that would stay at double-digits for the rest of the game.
- Nigel Johnson scored 15 points on 2-of-9 shooting… He went 10-of-10 from the free-throw line… He also added 9 rebounds.
- Marcus Foster scored 13 points on 4-of-12 shooting and 4-of-6 at the free-throw line… Foster added 5 rebounds and 4 assists.
- Nino Williams recorded a double-double with 13 points and 13 rebounds.
- Wesley Iwundu scored 10 points on 4-of-8 shooting.