Nov. 12, 2012
Final Stats |
Kansas State 79 (2-0) – Lamar 55 (0-1)
Dick’s Sporting Goods NIT Season Tip-Off –Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• Kansas State is now 286-96 (.749) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum, including a 2-0 (1.000) mark this season… The Wildcats are now 2-1 against Lamar with the last meeting going to the Cardinals on Dec. 21, 1991… K-State is 9-3 against teams from the Southland Conference.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez, junior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Rodney McGruder, sophomore forward Nino Williams and senior forward Jordan Henriquez… this was the second time K-State has used this lineup with a record of 2-0.
• This marks K-State’s third appearance in the NIT Season Tip-Off with losses at Alabama in 1994 and Arizona in 1999.
• After forcing 19 turnovers in the season opener against North Dakota, K-State converted them into 14 points… Monday night the Wildcats had 24 points off turnovers in just the first half after forcing Lamar into 14 turnovers at the break converting on nearly every turnover… For the night the Wildcats converted 26 turnovers into 34 points… The most points off turnovers the Wildcats scored last season was 27 at Texas Tech on Jan. 25.
• K-State had a 2-1 assist-to-turnover margin with 20 assists on the team’s 29 baskets and just 10 turnovers… Those turnovers resulted in 7 points for Lamar.
• The Wildcats were able to push the pace at times following turnovers, resulting in 15 fastbreak points compared to only 2 points for Lamar on the break.
• Angel Rodriguez scored a career-high 19 points besting his previous best of 17 against Southern Illinois… He shot 6-of-14 from the field and 4-of-6 beyond the arc.
• Will Spradling posted four 3-pointers to tie his career-high as he went 4-of-6 from beyond the arc… He made both his free-throw attempts to tally 14 points.
• D.J. Johnson continued to be a force on the glass pulling down 8 rebounds… He led the team in rebounding in the season opener as well with 9 rebounds.