Nov. 17, 2013
Final Stats |
Kansas State Postgame Notes
Kansas State (2-1) 71– Long Beach State (1-3) 58
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Manhattan, Kan. – Bramlage Coliseum
• K-State is now 4-2 (.667) all-time against Long Beach State… The Wildcats are also now 14-3 (.824) against Big West schools.
• Head Coach Bruce Weber is now 342-164 (.677) all time and 29-8 overall at K-State… He moved to 6-0 all-time against Dan Monson (Minnesota and Long Beach State).
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of freshman guard Marcus Foster, senior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Shane Southwell, freshman forward Wesley Iwundu and sophomore forward D.J. Johnson… This is the second time K-State has used this starting lineup this season.
• With Foster and Iwundu’s starts, it marks the first time two true freshmen have started back-to-back games since Thomas Gipson and Angel Rodriguez started consecutive games against Texas Tech (2/7/12) and Texas (2/11/12) during the 2011-12 season.
• K-State is 2-0 this season when scoring over 70 points… The Wildcats are 17-1 when scoring more than 70 points in the Bruce Weber era.
• K-State forced the 49ers to turn the ball over 20 times… The Wildcats turned that into 19 points.
• K-State had 18 points from its bench with 10 points coming from senior guard Omari Lawrence… Junior Nino Williams and freshman Nigel Johnson each added 3 points off of the bench.
• The Wildcats shot 71.4 percent (20-of-28) from the free throw line… The Wildcats were 43.1 percent (22-of-51) from the field.
• K-State held Long Beach State to just 28 percent (6-of-21) from beyond the arc… The 49ers were 22-55 (40 percent) from the field and 8-of-15 (53.3 percent) from the free-throw line.
• K-State snagged 13 steals in the game… It is the most steals by the Wildcats since getting 14 against South Dakota on Jan. 3, 2010.
• Marcus Foster scored a game-high 17 points and added three assists… This is the second consecutive game that Foster has led the Wildcats in scoring… The 42 combined points by Foster are the most by a true freshman in back-to-back games since Michael Beasley had 46 points against USC (23 points on 3/20) and Wisconsin (23 points on 3/22) in the 2008 NCAA Tournament.
• Shane Southwell scored 14 points…. Southwell was 4-of-9 shooting and pulled down a team-high six rebounds.
• Omari Lawrence scored 10 points on 5-of-7 shooting… Lawrence scored in double figures for the first time since Texas (1/30/13).
• Will Spradling scored 8 points… Spradling had a team-high 6 assists on the night.
• Thomas Gipson in his first game of the season scored 2 points and grabbed 3 rebounds.