Nov. 18, 2012
Final Stats |
Kansas State 74 (4-0) – North Florida 55 (1-3)
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• Kansas State is now 288-96 (.750) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum, including a 4-0 (1.000) mark this season… The Wildcats are now 3-0 against North Florida after hosting the Ospreys now three straight years… K-State is 7-0 against teams from the Atlantic Sun Conference.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez, junior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Rodney McGruder, sophomore forward Nino Williams and senior forward Jordan Henriquez… this was the fourth time K-State has used this lineup with a record of 4-0.
• Attendance on Saturday was announced as 12,119… K-State averaged 12,783 last season to rank 25th in the nation in attendance… Wildcat fans are averaging 12,098 so far this season.
• K-State dominated the game under the basket with 36 points in the paint… The Wildcats are now averaging 34.0 points in the paint per game this season… In the first half K-State shot 13-of-32 with all but 3 of those baskets being made in the paint… For the game only 7 of K-State’s 25 baskets were not in the paint… North Florida tallied 24 points in the paint.
• K-State forced North Florida into 20 turnovers resulting in 20 points for the Wildcats… K-State is now averaging 21.25 points off turnovers per game this season.
• The Wildcats shot 21-of-30 at the free-throw line (70.0 percent) the most makes and attempts of the season… The 70.0 percent was just shy of the season-high.
• K-State pulled down 29 offensive rebounds to give the team 21 second chance points… It is the most offensive boards and second chance points on the season… The Wildcats had more offensive boards than on defense (25) and out-rebounded UNF 54-31.
• Adrian Diaz had a career-high 10 rebounds… 8 of his rebounds came on offense… He was one point shy of his first career double-double before fouling out with 3:02 remaining.
• Nino Williams scored 10 points besting his previous season-high of 8 against Lamar… He shot 3-of-6 from the field and scored 8 of K-State’s first 12 points of the contest.
• Rodney McGruder tallied 16 points on 7-of-13 shooting on the day… It was his highest point total of the season and best shooting percentage… McGruder also had 2 blocks on defense.
• Thomas Gipson had 12 points and 9 rebounds to come just shy of his 4th double-double… He also worked his way to the free-throw line often on Saturday hitting 6-of-10 from the charity stripe (all in the first half).