Dec. 15, 2013
Final Stats |
Kansas State Postgame Notes
Kansas State (7-3) 72 – Troy (4-4) 43
Sunday, December 15, 2013
Manhattan, Kan. | Bramlage Coliseum
• K-State is now 1,536-1,080 all-time in its history.
• Head coach Bruce Weber is now 347-167 all-time and 34-11 at K-State.
• Today’s match-up marked the second time the two schools have faced each other with K-State moving to 2-0 in the series… The Wildcats defeated the Trojans, 64-60, on Nov. 16, 2001.
• K-State moved to 14-0 vs. current Sun Belt Conference members, including 8-0 mark at home.
• K-State improved to 64-3 at home in non-conference play dating back to the 2006-07 season… The Wildcats have now won 53 of their last 54 non-conference home games.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of freshman guard Marcus Foster, senior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Shane Southwell, freshman forward Wesley Iwundu and junior forward Thomas Gipson… This is the fifth time K-State has used this starting lineup this season with the Wildcats winning all five match-ups.
• Foster and Spradling have started all 10 games, while Iwundu and Southwell have now started nine in a row… The freshman duo of Foster and Iwundu have started together each of the last nine games.
• K-State recorded 24 assists on 28 field goals made… This is the highest number of assists for the Wildcats since March 5, 2013 against TCU where the Wildcats had 27 assists.
• K-State has now held eight of 10 opponents below 65 points this season, including holding Troy to a season-low 43 points on 36.2 percent shooting.
• K-State out-rebounded Troy, 44-27, marking the sixth consecutive game the Wildcats have out-rebounded their opponent…The team is now 26-2 under head coach Bruce Weber when out-rebounding their opponent, including a mark of 5-1 this season.
• The Wildcats forced the Trojans into 16 turnovers, which K-State turned into 20 points.
• K-State had 22 points off the bench, including seven from junior forward Nino Williams.
• Marcus Foster scored in double figures with a game-high 14 points… He has now scored in double figures in nine consecutive games.
• Will Spradling also scored in double figures with a game-high and season-high 14 points… This is his third game in which he has scored in double figures this season… Sunday’s mark of 14 tops his previous game high since he poured in 19 against West Virginia on Feb. 18, 2013.
• Thomas Gipson provided the muscle down-low with nine points… He also managed to pull down seven rebounds in 22 minutes of action.
• Shane Southwell filled up the stat sheet with seven points, seven assists and five rebounds… He has now recorded at least five rebounds in eight of 10 games on the season.