Dec. 18, 2012
Final Stats |
Kansas State 78 (8-2) – Texas Southern 69 (1-10)
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• Kansas State is now 291-96 (.752) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum, including a 6-0 (1.000) mark this season… The Wildcats are now 2-0 against Texas Southern … K-State is 8-0 against teams from the Southwestern Athletic Conference with all those games played at home.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez, junior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Rodney McGruder, sophomore forward Thomas Gipson and junior forward Shane Southwell… this was the first time time K-State has used this lineup.
• Attendance on Tuesday was announced as 12,005… K-State averaged 12,783 last season to rank 25th in the nation in attendance… Wildcat fans are averaging 12,103 so far this season.
• The Wildcats were efficient on offense with 21 assists on the night for a new season-high… The season-high entering Tuesday’s game was 20 against Lamar… Thanks to those assists K-State shot 56.4 percent on 31-of-55 shooting.
• K-State was strong inside with 46 points in the most this season… At the break, K-State led that statistic 24-12 thanks to 6 points on fast breaks… The previous high this season was 44 points in the paint against Alabama-Huntsville.
• Rodney McGruder tallied 26 points on the night and opened the contest with 14 in the first half on 7-of-10 shooting… He shot 12-of-17 overall… His previous season-high was 22 points against USC Upstate… The Wildcats are now 13-2 when he scores 20+ points.
• Thomas Gipson pulled down 12 rebounds to lead the team for a new season-high… He also had 4 blocks and 3 steals to go with 2 assists… 7 of Gipson’s rebounds came on the offensive end… His steals and blocks were new career-highs as well… His performance was his first double-double of the year and fourth of his career.
• Jordan Henriquez scored 8 points in the game and was a perfect 4-for-4.
• Angel Rodriguez and Will Spradling both played key roles in distributing the offense as each had 5 assists in the contest.