Dec. 31, 2011
Final Stats |
AP Photo Gallery
Kansas State (11-1) 82 – Howard (4-11, 1-1) 46
Manhattan, Kan. – Bramlage Coliseum – Attendance: 12,528
• K-State is now 280-92 (.753) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum… K-State has never had a single season record below .500 in games played in the Octagon of Doom.
• K-State has won 41 consecutive nonconference home games.
• K-State is now 1498-1097 (.577) all-time and 106-44 (.707) under head coach Frank Martin.
• This was just the second meeting between the Wildcats and Bison with K-State holding a 2-0 advantage in the series.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup tonight consisted of sophomore guard Will Spradling, sophomore guard Shane Southwell, junior guard Rodney McGruder, senior forward Jamar Samuels and freshman forward Thomas Gipson… This is the first time K-State has used this lineup this season… This is Southwell’s first start since the second game of the season.
• K-State made a season-high 13 3-pointers surpassing the 10 made against Maryland-Eastern Shore… The Wildcats made 10 in the first half alone… The 13 3’s tie for eighth in school history in a game… K-State also shot 48.1 percent (11-of-26) from beyond the arc… 5 Wildcats made a shot from beyond the arc.
• K-State held Howard to just 46 points on the day for a new opponent season low… The last time the Wildcats held an opponent under 50 points was a 50-46 win at Iowa State on Feb. 21, 2009… Howard shot 29.2 percent (14-of-48) for a new opponent season low.
• K-State scored 34 points off the bench… The Wildcats entered the contest averaging 24.8 off the bench and scored 22 in the first half today.
• K-State is now 37-2 in the Frank Martin era when allowing less than 60 points and 5-0 this season… K-State’s only opponent to score more than 70 this season was West Virginia in double overtime.
• Rodney McGruder led the Wildcats with 14 points keeping his hot hand on 5-of-7 shooting… He was a perfect 4-of-4 from beyond the arc.
• Will Spradling tallied 13 points and was 3-of-6 from deep.
• Jamar Samuels scored 10 points with most of them coming at the free-throw line… Samuels was 2-of-6 shooting but was 6-of-8 at the charity stripe.
• Angel Rodriguez scored 11 points… He was 3-of-6 shooting from long range.
• Jeremy Jones had a career day scoring 10 points shooting 4-of-8… He also added 4 rebounds and 3 assists.
• Walk-ons Brian Rohleder and Shawn Meyer each scored their first career points today... Rohleder had a put back following an offensive rebound and Meyer scored on a layup in the final minute of the game.