Jan. 2, 2014
Final Stats |
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Jan. 2, 2014 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 63 (6-6, 0-1 Big 12), (9/9) Baylor 92 (11-1, 1-0 Big 12)
• Thursday’s game between Kansas State and Baylor was the 31st meeting in the series between the schools… Baylor leads the series, 22-9, and has won 17 straight meetings… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 345-213 (.618)… The Wildcats, in their 46th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 848-516 (.622)… The Wildcats are 143-134 (.516) in Big 12 action… K-State is 218-147 (.597) in the month of January… Patterson owns a 75-53 (.586) mark in January… K-State is now 5-6 against teams ranked No. 9 in the Associated Press Top-25 poll.
• Attendance on Thursday was 3,942… To date, 22,625 fans have come through the doors of Bramlage this season for an average of 3,771 per game… The 2013-14 season marks the 26th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 267-102 (.724) in Bramlage Coliseum.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: junior guard Haley Texada, freshman guard Leticia Romero, junior guard Ashia Woods, senior forward Katya Leick and senior forward Ashlynn Knoll… This is the second straight game for this lineup… Texada has started 39 games in her career… This was the 12th career start for Romero… This was the This was the ninth career K-State start for Leick… This was Woods’ 25th career start… This was the fourth career start for Knoll.
• K-State was 5-of-26 from beyond the arc… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 223 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007.
• Baylor led 47-31 at the half on Thursday… K-State is 0-5 this season when trailing at the half… The 47 points scored by Baylor in the first half were the most first half points K-State has allowed this season.
• Ashia Woods tallied a career-high 27 points, five rebounds, six steals and three assists… Her 27 points on Thursday night were a season-high for a Wildcat this season… This was Woods’ first career game with 20 or more points and the second 20-point effort by a Wildcat this season (Leticia Romero, 25 points vs. Charlotte, 11/10/13)… This was her fourth game this season in double figures for points and the ninth of her career… This was Woods’ second game this season and the fourth in her career with five or more steals.
• Leticia Romero finished with 20 points on 7of-12 shooting, five rebounds and a steal… She has scored in all 12 games this season… This was Romero’s second career game with 20 or more points… This was Romero’s ninth career game in double figures for points… This was Romero’s eighth game this season with five or more rebounds.