Jan. 18, 2014
Box Score |
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Jan. 18, 2014 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 80 (8-9, 2-4 Big 12), (13/11) Iowa State 74 (14-3, 3-3 Big 12)
• Saturday’s game between Kansas State and Iowa State was the 81st meeting in the series between the schools… K-State leads the series, 48-33… Iowa State has won seven of the last 11 meetings in the series... The Wildcats, in their 46th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 850-519 (.621)… The Wildcats are 145-137 (.514) in Big 12 action… K-State is 219-149 (.595) in the month of January… K-State is now 3-7 against teams ranked No. 13 in the Associated Press Top-25 poll… K-State has now defeated a AP ranked opponent in eight straight seasons.
• K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 347-216 (.616)… Patterson owns a 76-55 (.580) mark in January.
• Attendance on Saturday night was a season-high 8,221… To date, 34,639 fans have come through the doors of Bramlage this season for an average of 4,330 per game… The 2013-14 season marks the 26th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 268-103 (.722) in Bramlage Coliseum… When the attendance in Bramlage greater than 7,500 fans in the Deb Patterson era, K-State is 41-10 (.804).
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: freshman guard Leticia Romero, junior guard Ashia Woods, senior forward Katya Leick, senior forward Chantay Caron and freshman forward Breanna Lewis… This is the second game for this lineup… This was the 17th career start for Romero… This was the 14th career K-State start for Leick… This was Woods’ 30th career start… This was the 46th career start for Caron and her fourth this season... Caron has now played in 113 career games… This was the 12th start for Lewis.
• With 80 points on Saturday night, K-State has tallied 70 or more points eight times this season and are 7-1 this season in those games… Since the 2001-02 season, the Wildcats are 150-13 (.920) when scoring 70 or more points.
• K-State was 9-of-24 from behind the three-point line… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 228 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… The Wildcats have now made six or more 3-point field goals in a game 11 times this season.
• Kansas State led 30-22 at the half on Saturday… K-State is 8-1 this season when leading at the half… Since the 2001-02 season, K-State is 224-31 (.878) when leading at halftime.
• The 50 combined points by Leticia Romero and Katya Leick mark the 21st time a pair of Wildcats have combined for 50 points in a game… K-State is 20-1 when two teammates combine to score 50 or more points in the same game.
• Romero finished with 27 points including a 3-of-7 effort from beyond the arc… She also added 6 rebounds and 5 assists to her final stat line… She has now scored in every game this season… She has reached double figures in 13 games… Romero has made two or more 3-point field goals in a game four times this season… Romero’s 27 points and 39 minutes are career highs.
• Leick recorded 23 points, which is a career high, and 5 rebounds… She was 4-of-8 from beyond the arc, which marks her fourth career game at K-State with two or more connections from beyond the arc...
• Craig came off the bench to record 12 points on 3-of-4 from the field and 4-of-6 from the foul line… This marks Craig’s 16th career game in double figures… With her two connections from beyond the arc, she has now registered 24 career games with two or more connections from the 3-point line.
• Lewis tallied 8 points, 5 rebounds and 2 blocks… She has now blocked two or more shots in a game seven times… Her total of 24 are the most since the 2011-12 season.