Jan. 25, 2014
Final Stats |
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Jan. 25, 2014 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 64 (8-11, 2-6 Big 12), Kansas 71 (10-10, 3-5 Big 12)
• Saturday’s game between Kansas State and Kansas was the 107th meeting in the series between the schools… K-State leads the series, 62-45… Kansas has won three straight in the series… The Wildcats, in their 46th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 850-521 (.620)… The Wildcats are 145-139 (.511) in Big 12 action… K-State is 219-151 (.592) in the month of January.
• K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 347-218 (.614)… Patterson owns a 76-57 (.571) mark in January.
• Attendance on Saturday was 6,337… To date, 40,976 fans have come through the doors of Bramlage this season for an average of 4,553 per game… The 2013-14 season marks the 26th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 268-104 (.720) in Bramlage Coliseum.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: freshman guard Leticia Romero, junior guard Ashia Woods, senior forward Katya Leick, senior forward Chantay Caron and freshman forward Breanna Lewis… This is the fourth game for this lineup… This was the 19th career start for Romero… This was the 16th career K-State start for Leick… This was Woods’ 32nd career start… This was the 48th career start for Caron and her sixth this season... Caron has now played in 115 career games… This was the 14th start for Lewis.
• K-State was 5-of-18 from behind the three-point line… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 230 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007.
• Kansas State trailed at the half on Saturday, 32-26… K-State is 0-10 this season when trailing at the half.
• The Wildcats finished with 19 bench points on Saturday… For the season, K-State has received 421 points from its bench… Ashlynn Knoll led K-State’s bench with seven points.
• Leick carded 12 points and 9 rebounds… This was her third game as a Wildcat in double figures for points… Leick has now pulled in five or more rebounds 10 times this season.
• Romero finished with a team-high 17 points on 8-of-14 shooting, five rebounds and a game-high eight assists… This was Romero’s 10th game with five or more assists… She has 13 games this season with five or more rebounds.