Feb. 2, 2013
Final Stats |
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
February 2, 2013 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 80 (12-9, 3-6), (rv/-) Kansas 89 (14-6, 5-4) 2OT
• Saturday afternoon’s game between Kansas State and Kansas was the 106th in the series between the schools… K-State leads the series 62-44 and has won 21 of the last 25 meetings in the series… Today’s loss snapped an 11-game winning streak in Manhattan… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 332-198 (.626)… The Wildcats, in their 45th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 835-501 (.625)… K-State is 141-126 (.528) in Big 12 games.
• The 2012-13 season marks the 25th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 257-97 (.726) in Bramlage Coliseum… Attendance on Saturday was a season-high 6,992… Through the 12 home games of the 2012-13 season, K-State has seen 39, 206 fans come through the door for an average of 3,267… K-State ranks 27th in the nation for attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Brittany Chambers, senior guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Haley Texada, freshman guard Bri Craig and junior forward Chantay Caron… K-State has used seven different starting lineups this season… Third straight game for this lineup… Chambers has now started 114 regular season and postseason games in her career and has played in 119 career games... Chambers ranks 10th in school history for career starts… White made her 82nd career start and her 15th of the 2012-13 season… White has now played in 113 career games… Craig started her 17th career game… Caron made her 26th career start and her 15th this season… She started 11 games in her freshman year of 2010-11… Texada made her 11th career start, all this season.
• Kansas State and Kansas were tied at the half, 28-28, on Saturday… This was the first time K-State has been tied at the half this season… The last time K-State was tied at the half was Feb. 25, 2012 at Missouri (27-27).
• K-State was 8-of-28 from beyond the arc on Saturday… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 195 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… K-State has made 5 or more three-point field goals in a game 19 times this season, including a current streak of 15 straight games.
• Former K-State All-American and current assistant coach Shalee Lehning was honored at halftime for her inclusion in the 2013 Kansas State High School Activities Association (KSHSAA) Hall of Fame class.
• Chambers finished with 14 points, 11 rebounds and 1 assist… Chambers has now scored in 118 consecutive games, which ranks third in school history… She has scored 1,776 career points and ranks fourth in school history… Chambers has scored in double figures in 20 games this season and 94 in her career… She owns 28 career games with 20 or more points, including 10 games this season… Chambers has led K-State in scoring 14 times this season and 54 times in her career… She was X-of-X from beyond the arc on Saturday… She ranks second in school history and second in Big 12 history for career 3-point field goals made with 290… She has made four or more 3-point field goals in a game 28 times in her career and six times this season… Her career rebound total stands at 735 and ranks 10th in school history… Her career assist total stands at 303 and ranks 11th in school history… With her 46 minutes played on Thursday, Chambers ranks third in scoring history with 4,109 minutes played.
• Texada tallied 21 points, 1 shy of her career best… This was her 13th career game in double figures, all this season… She has scored 42 points against KU this season.
• White carded a season-high 18 points, a career-high 12 rebounds, 6 assists, and 3 steals… This was White’s first double-double this season and the second of her career.
• The Wildcats had 5 players score 10+ points… It marked the second time this season the team has accomplished that feat.