Feb. 13, 2013
Final Stats |
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
February 13, 2013 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 68 (13-11, 4-8), Texas 47 (9-14, 2-10)
• Wednesday night’s game between Kansas State and Texas was the 25th in the series between the schools… Texas leads the series 13-12… K-State head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 333-200 (.625)… The Wildcats, in their 45th season of women’s basketball, own an all-time record of 836-503 (.624)… Since the formation of the Big 12 in 1996-97, K-State is 142-128 (.526) in Big 12 games.
• The 2012-13 season marks the 25th season of basketball inside Bramlage Coliseum… K-State owns a record of 258-98 (.725) in Bramlage Coliseum… Attendance on Wednesday was 3,174… Through the 12 home games of the 2012-13 season, K-State has seen 45,964 fans come through the door for an average of 3,830… K-State ranks 27th in the nation for attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Brittany Chambers, senior guard Mariah White, sophomore guard Haley Texada, freshman guard Bri Craig and junior forward Chantay Caron… K-State has used seven different starting lineups this season… Sixth straight game for this lineup… Chambers has now started 117 regular season and postseason games in her career and has played in 122 career games... Chambers ranks tied for 5th in school history for career starts… White made her 85th career start and her 18th of the 2012-13 season… White has now played in 116 career games… Craig started her 20th career game… Caron made her 29th career start and her 18th this season… She started 11 games in her freshman year of 2010-11… Texada made her 14th career start, all this season.
• Kansas State led at the half, 33-22, on Wednesday… The Wildcats are 12-4 when leading at the half this season… Since the 1999-00 season, K-State is 234-38 when leading at the half.
• K-State was 12-of-33 from beyond the arc on Wednesday… K-State has made at least one 3-point field goal in 198 consecutive regular season and postseason games dating back to Feb. 7, 2007… K-State has made 5 or more three-point field goals in a game 22 times this season, including a current streak of 18 straight games.
• The Wildcats had three players score in double figures on Wednesday night… This was the 12th time this season K-State has had three or more players score in double digits, with the Wildcats owning a 6-6 record in those games.
• Chambers finished with 24 points, four rebounds and a career-high eight assists… Chambers has now scored in 121 consecutive games, which ranks third in school history… She has scored 1,848 career points and ranks third in school history… Chambers has scored in double figures in 23 games this season and 97 in her career… She owns 30 career games with 20 or more points, including 12 games this season… Chambers has led K-State in scoring 16 times this season and 56 times in her career… She was 3-of-9 from beyond the arc on Wednesday… She ranks second in school history and second in Big 12 history for career 3-point field goals made with 298… Her career rebound total stands at 762 and ranks ninth in school history… Her career assist total stands at 316 and ranks 10th in school history… With her 40 minutes played on Wednesday, Chambers ranks second in school history with 4,228 minutes played.
• White carded eight points, four rebounds, three assists and a steal… With her eight points on Wednesday, White surpassed the 500-point total for her career and became the fourth player in school history with 500 career points and 400 career assists… White ranks 10th in school history for career steals with 176… Her career assist total of 397 ranks fourth in school history.
• Texada tallied 13 points… This was her 15th career game in double figures, all this season… She was 3-of-7 from beyond the arc… This was Texada’s 15th career game with two or more made 3-point field goals.