Feb. 18, 2012
Final Stats |
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
(rv/--) Kansas State 65 (17-9, 8-6), Texas 45 (15-11, 5-9)
• Saturday evening’s conference game between Kansas State and Texas was the 23rd meeting in the history of the series… The Wildcats played the Longhorns last during the regular season on Feb. 1, 2012 in Austin, Texas … The Wildcats won the meeting 64-55 … The series is now 12-11 in favor of Texas … The Wildcats hold a 5-5 record against the Longhorns in Manhattan… Head Coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, holds a career record of 317-184 (.633) … Coach Patterson is now 11-8 in games played against Texas … In its 44 years of women’s basketball, K-State is 820-487 (.627).
• The score was tied 3 times during the game … The lead also changed 4 times during the contest … K-State scored 15 points off of turnovers, as well as 38 points in the paint … K-State’s bench added 9 points … Texas was held without a field goal the last 2:07 of the game, while K-State was held without a field goal the last 1:22 of the game … This was the fifth time the Cats have won by a margin of 20+ points this season.
• K-State held Texas to shooting 3-of-8 from beyond the arc … K-State outrebounded Texas 43-30.
• The Wildcats now hold a 250-92 record in Bramlage Coliseum … Attendance on Saturday evening was 5,532… K-State finished last year’s NCAA standings ranked as 24th in the nation in average attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Tasha Dickey, senior forward Jalana Childs, senior forward Branshea Brown, junior guard Brittany Chambers and junior guard Mariah White…This is the 26th time this lineup has been used this season … This lineup was not used during the 2010-2011 season… Childs made her 89th career start … Chambers made her 86th career start and has started 84 straight dating back to Dec. 2, 2009 … White made her 59th career start and started every game last season … Brown made her 48th career start … Dickey made her 26th appearance in the starting lineup during her inaugural season as a Wildcat; she started 21 games at Arizona before coming to K-State … The team is now 17-9 when using this lineup.
• The Wildcats were 5-of-24 from beyond the arc on Saturday afternoon … K-State has hit at least one 3-pointer in 167 consecutive games … Dickey, Chambers and Childs all reached double-figures in scoring during tonight’s game … This is the ninth time this season the trio has made this mark.
• K-State led 31-24 at the half on Saturday … This season, Kansas State is 14-2 when leading at the half… The Wildcats shot 42.9 percent (27-of-63) from the field… The team grabbed 43 rebounds and committed 17 turnovers.
• Chambers finished the night with 15 points and 9 rebounds… She shot 2-of-11 from 3-point range … She also dished out 2 assists.
• Childs notched 14 points and 6 rebounds… She shot 5-of-12 from the field and 4-of-4 from the line.
• Brown scored 4 points and grabbed 7 rebounds… She distributed for 4 assists.
• Dickey scored 18 points, shooting 8-of-16 from the field and 2-of-8 from 3-point range … She pulled down 1 rebound.
• White led the Wildcats with 10 rebounds and 8 assists.
• Freshman Ashia Woods played 17 minutes … She shot 1-of-4 from the field, and 1-of-3 from 3-point range … She had one block and 3 steals.