Feb. 22, 2012
Final Stats |
Kansas State Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 53 (18-9, 9-6), Oklahoma State 50 (13-11, 5-10)
• Wednesday evening’s conference game between Kansas State and Oklahoma State was the 57th meeting in the history of the series… The Wildcats played the Cowgirls last during the regular season on Jan. 28, 2012 in Stillwater, Okla. … The Wildcats won the meeting 67-56 … The series is now 30-27 in favor of K-State … The Wildcats hold a 15-8 record against the Cowgirls in Manhattan… The Wildcats have won eight of the last 10 meetings in the series including five of the last six games in Manhattan … Head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women’s basketball wins leader at K-State, holds a career record of 318-184 (.633) … Coach Patterson is now 11-7 in games played against Oklahoma State … In its 44 years of women’s basketball, K-State is 821-487 (.627).
• The score was tied 5 times during the game … The lead also changed 6 times during the contest … K-State scored nine points off of turnovers, as well as 16 points in the paint … K-State’s bench added 2 points … This was the second time the Cats have won by a margin of 2 points this season.
• K-State held Oklahoma State to shooting 4-of-16 from beyond the arc … The Cowgirls outrebounded the Wildcats 36-29.
• The Wildcats now hold a 251-92 record in Bramlage Coliseum … Attendance on Wednesday evening was 2,797 … K-State finished last year’s NCAA standings ranked as 24th in the nation in average attendance.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of: senior guard Tasha Dickey, senior forward Jalana Childs, senior forward Branshea Brown, junior guard Brittany Chambers and junior guard Mariah White…This is the 27th time this lineup has been used this season … This lineup was not used during the 2010-2011 season… Childs made her 90th career start … Chambers made her 87th career start and has started 85 straight dating back to Dec. 2, 2009 … White made her 60th career start and started every game last season … Brown made her 49th career start … Dickey made her 27th appearance in the starting lineup during her inaugural season as a Wildcat; she started 21 games at Arizona before coming to K-State … The team is now 18-9 when using this lineup … The Wildcats are the only team in the Big 12 Conference that has started the exact same lineup in every game.
• This was the 11th time during the season that K-State scored its first points by a layup… The layup came from Chambers with 19:14 to play in the first half … The team’s record is 7-4 when scoring this way.
• The Wildcats were 4-of-16 from beyond the arc on Wednesday evening … They made all four 3-pointers in the second-half … K-State has hit at least one 3-pointer in 167 consecutive games.
• K-State trailed 23-22 at the half on Wednesday … This season, Kansas State is 3-8 when behind at the half… The Wildcats shot 42.6 percent from the field… The team grabbed 29 rebounds and committed 10 turnovers.
• Chambers finished the night with 10 points and eight rebounds… She shot 2-of-6 from 3-point range … She also dished out four assists … Chambers only scored two points in the first half … With her 2-point field goal at 19:14 in the first half, Chambers notched her 400th point of the season … She is the 12th Wildcat to accomplish this feat in consecutive seasons … She is the 17th junior in program history to score 400 or more points.
• Childs notched 22 points and two rebounds… She shot 11-of-20 from the field … She had her 7th 20+ point game this season Wednesday night.
• Brown scored 10 points and grabbed one rebound… She distributed one assist.
• White had six points … She shot 2-of-5 from the field and 2-of-4 from three-point range… White finished with seven assists to improve her career total to 301… She is now the 10th player in school history to dish out 300 or more assists in her career.